Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Still Not Updating

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys Still Not Updating

I had a $1333 balance on a $2800 limit card, paid it off and got it increased to $10K. In August. It has not reported the change YET. I know my scores will rise significantly once it does
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont feel bad. Ive had my macys amex since June and it still hasnt even reported on my credit report lol.. 

I don't really care though, I didnt want to take the hit on the AAOA. I have enough good cards reporting.

Message 12 of 24
slund5499
Established Contributor

For me the Macy's account is reporting to all CRA's with a zero balance.

This is fortunate because it looks like is has become a hidden tradeline. I have put $800 on my macy's account since October, make my payments and they report zero balance.

I can live with the hiddden tradeline....Thank you citibank....

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 13 of 24
laurenjessica
Frequent Contributor

I feel you! Mine hasn't reported yet either. And it's reporting at the old CL. I've since gotten an increase on the card. 

Credit cards:
NUS000000091-480x304-STRAIGHT-96unnamedmissionlanemobileIRIDESCENTpaypal-cashback-credit-card-16373091c11536849downloadvenmoTJX-Rewards-Platinum-Mastercardcardart-prim-645x406
AU Cards:
disney-premier-cardNUS000000327-480x304-STRAIGHT-96NUS000000269-480x304-STRAIGHT-96
Store Cards:
Credit-Card-Large61d9c1a7-5683-4228-8bb4-c2747006069dAPSC-SECUREDCARD-CB658179059Kohls-CC-no-egt-SM-RGBpinkimg093647Paypal-Credit-Logo-Ameri-Commerceimg056321sc-plus-black-Creditcard
Auto loan:
toyota

Actively rebuilding since August 2022.

Starting FICO 8 scores (8/24/2022):

Current FICO 8 scores (2/12/2024):
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I did was, Opened a dispute with every CRA and told them that Macy's is reporting an incorrect balance on my account since the balance reported has been paid off since July,  They did update my reports within two days of the dispute so it looks like that's the only way to make them update the CRs. So my Macy's store account it's now reporting a $12,500 CL which is correct and a Zero balance and my Macy's Amex is reporting a $10,000 CL and a Zero which is also correct finally after many months of waiting.

Hope it helps.

Message 15 of 24
happy0510
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What I did was, Opened a dispute with every CRA and told them that Macy's is reporting an incorrect balance on my account since the balance reported has been paid off since July,  They did update my reports within two days of the dispute so it looks like that's the only way to make them update the CRs. So my Macy's store account it's now reporting a $12,500 CL which is correct and a Zero balance and my Macy's Amex is reporting a $10,000 CL and a Zero which is also correct finally after many months of waiting.

Hope it helps.

Just want to confirm.  Is this the route everyone is taking? Filing a dispute with the CRA's?  If so, I will do it.  I am applying for a mortgage March 1st and need this sucker to update. I've lost patience.  It is the only one i need to report!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is another thread you can refer to on the topic as well. Macy's is definitely having a lot of problems as a company.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Macy-s-still-not-reporting/td-p/4394657

Message 17 of 24
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@happy0510 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope it helps.

Just want to confirm.  Is this the route everyone is taking? Filing a dispute with the CRA's?  If so, I will do it.  I am applying for a mortgage March 1st and need this sucker to update. I've lost patience.  It is the only one i need to report!

Yes that's right I'm taking I disputed Macy's and Bloomingdale's so hopefully  they will update soon. 

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed Bloomingdale's about a month ago and they updated the available credit, but the credit reports still have reporting holes for the 4-5 months they did not report. That's not very helpful. Closed my Bloomingdale's card recently anyway because DSNB is a pain. Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 24
happy0510
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed Bloomingdale's about a month ago and they updated the available credit, but the credit reports still have reporting holes for the 4-5 months they did not report. That's not very helpful. Closed my Bloomingdale's card recently anyway because DSNB is a pain. Smiley Sad

What do you mean reporting holes? And how does that affect Util?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.