cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Store Card, Just Applied, 10 day wait/processing/review???

tag
sonson
Regular Contributor

Macys Store Card, Just Applied, 10 day wait/processing/review???

Hey guys, just applied for the Macys Store Card. After reading through numerous threads about it. I read that it was a pretty easy store card to get, also a good card to rebuilding my credit. After I applied for the store card, the message said, that they will contact me within the next 10 days. good or bad?

I have a EQ 605, dont' know my TU or EX. 

Question: How likely is that i get this card? I applied online, would of it been better to apply at the Macys Store? Your Thoughs on the Macys Store Card?

thanks.

-Virgil

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys Store Card, Just Applied, 10 day wait/processing/review???

Macy's is a can of worms right now, because they're not currently reporting anyone CL's.

Recommended to app in store (probably for all store cards) but if you are approved; you may find it's for a small CL, that will be increased when you can verify who you are at the store kiosk.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.  What other cards/accounts do you currently have? 

Message 2 of 19
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

This may not be a good sign, but it depends on your credit history. All creditors have become more cautious about granting credit. If you have a BK on your record, it's typically best to do a paper application since many online systems are designed to automatically deny applicants with BK history.

If your Macy's card gets declined, call the back line and ask that your application be re-reviewed:

Macy's: 800-627-2909 (Credit Dept. - new credit, inquiries on upgrade to Visa, credit reporting issues)

Macy's: 800-543-9617 (Recovery Services)

Good luck!

Message 3 of 19
sonson
Regular Contributor

Hey guys thanks for the info, 

Yea i called today to check the update and they told me they have no information of my file yet. maybe its still in processing, since i applied last Friday. the CSR told me if i had applied at the store i could of had a instance decision. next time i will apply instore.

thanks for your inputs.

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same with me I have had a Bloomingdales account for awhile both Major purchasing account and Regular premier card NO CL listed.....I know both MACYS/Bloomingdales are serviced by the same underwritter but when are they going to start rreporting lines....as of my last ppull my Major Purchases account said 0 credit avaliable but i owed 11,220 and my regular Bloomies CC said 2,220 Limit 0

This has got to adversely effect my credit right//??

Message 5 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This has got to adversely effect my credit right//??

There's quite a few threads going on this already, but these DSNB accounts are not impacting your score directly per utilization. The balance and the unreported CLs are removed from FICO scoring. However, if you were relying on these CCs, like I did, for a lower util while carrying higher balances on your other cards, then you would have seen a score drop due to higher overall util once they go from reporting a CL to no CL.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I just carry a small balance with Discover because they like acitivity.....got done to as of yesterday to 800 wtih CL at 6,500

Message 7 of 19
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Macy's has let me down.  I shop there, they slash my limit from 2500 to 470 just above what I owe on the card.  I feel that if I am buying from their store, using their card, paying my bill on time, and making good payments (more than minimum) and then they do this ....they must not care about their customers or their shareholders. They now are not reporting my CL at all. I called and tried to recon with them and basically they would not budge, I asked them if they are looking to lose customers and she said do what i want...I wish i could let their sharholders know Macy's reps are losing them money with the atitude. I will be closing my account with them next money. I cant be loyal to a company that treats me like dog dodo!

Goodbye macy's I will encourage all my family and friends to not shop with you so we can assist you in depleting your shareholders money. .Smiley Surprised

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iwantbettercredit wrote:

Macy's has let me down.  I shop there, they slash my limit from 2500 to 470 just above what I owe on the card.  I feel that if I am buying from their store, using their card, paying my bill on time, and making good payments (more than minimum) and then they do this ....they must not care about their customers or their shareholders. They now are not reporting my CL at all. I called and tried to recon with them and basically they would not budge, I asked them if they are looking to lose customers and she said do what i want...I wish i could let their sharholders know Macy's reps are losing them money with the atitude. I will be closing my account with them next money. I cant be loyal to a company that treats me like dog dodo!

Goodbye macy's I will encourage all my family and friends to not shop with you so we can assist you in depleting your shareholders money. .Smiley Surprised

Well, I have to agree with you that lots of folks are upset with Macy's no longer reporting CL's.  I guess the good news is you can carry a high balance with them without affecting utilization (if I'm understanding Ilecs' post).  But PIFing Macy's still makes me much happier than carrying a balance because their APR is SO high.

There's a reason they decreased your CL from 2500 to 470.  Of course, now it doesn't matter in a sense, because they're not reporting it.  However, if you take a look at what got their underwear in a knot, you may be able to correct it so that other creditors don't take a similar action.  Kind of like a canary in a coal mine.

Message 9 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

FTR -Do not have to carry a balance with Discover to show activity.

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I just carry a small balance with Discover because they like acitivity.....got done to as of yesterday to 800 wtih CL at 6,500

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.