cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Store Card, Just Applied, 10 day wait/processing/review???

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Macys Store Card, Just Applied, 10 day wait/processing/review???

@score_building wrote:

FTR -Do not have to carry a balance with Discover to show activity.

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I just carry a small balance with Discover because they like acitivity.....got done to as of yesterday to 800 wtih CL at 6,500

+1

Activity = using the card during the month

Carrying balance = giving them money in the form of interest that you probably need more than they

The only cards for which I've seen convincing evidence that they sorta reward carrying balances are the bottom-feeder cards. Sure, the others would like to get some free money from you, but it's not necessary. I never carry a balance unless it's on a 0% BT or some other deal that makes sense at the time. (And even then, the BT fee works out to be the equivalent of interest, so that has to be weighed as well.)

I have other things to do with my money! Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well they must like it, just logged on my 1 YEAR 1 month ann. auto CLI from 6K to 10K!!!!!!! WHOOOPIE!!! and no hard pull i called the rep she said no sir, you run alot thru the car and make 4 payments amonth of around 4-5k your a A+++ Customer!!! i love my Discover More card, and as an added benefit they are giving me 6 more months of 0% apr!!!! yaya

Message 12 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

Wait... you are referring to Discover or Macy's?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover in your response to not carrying a balance on it, i have now 16 months 0 interest

Message 14 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats, just beware of their hefty BT fees, imo there are probably better options for bt than Discover.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO BT dont carry them, but was CLI auto yesterday I LOVE DISCOVER maybe more than my amex hnmmmm ll

Message 16 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover in your response to not carrying a balance on it, i have now 16 months 0 interest

I must have misunderstood, here I thought you were indicating an interest in their BT.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh ya NO love Discover but BT haha no.....BT anywhere for that matter they all are pretty bad, thats why you should PIF or carry tiny balances and PIF as soon as O percent is gone! I do it! never with AMEX but everyone else ya....

Message 18 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

@sonson wrote:

Hey guys thanks for the info, 

Yea i called today to check the update and they told me they have no information of my file yet. maybe its still in processing, since i applied last Friday. the CSR told me if i had applied at the store i could of had a instance decision. next time i will apply instore.

thanks for your inputs.

If a no go, I agree applying in store is the better option, hope it works out for you.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.