Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Store Card

tag
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Macys Store Card

Ive been declined twice and would like to know do recons actually work? I sent a letter, no response yet.

Should i call?

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Macys Store Card

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

Ive been declined twice and would like to know do recons actually work? I sent a letter, no response yet.

Should i call?

How long has it been since your last app/denial? What were the reasons for your denial? Did you apply online?
Message 2 of 7
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Yes, i ap'd online and i heard that it can bar you if u do it that way

Basically the same reasons

delinquent accounts

inquiries

All CO's are paid and i stated that in the letter. Also, stated that the inquiries were due to trying to obtain credit to lift my score

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 3 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

delinquent accounts

inquiries

All CO's are paid and i stated that in the letter. Also, stated that the inquiries were due to trying to obtain credit to lift my score

If you sent a letter you did recon. Sounds to me like you need to wait until some of those inquiries are past one year, and until at least six months to one year from your last attempt. Then go into a Macy's store and app there. If you are declined at that time, then contact Macy's credit services regarding a recon.

Message 4 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Sparkz1920 wrote:

delinquent accounts

inquiries

they've likely tightened standards in recent months, if the COs are fresh and or scores are <620... a few mos b4 reapp if you don't get in on recon. can help to put distance between your current profile and negs.  you'll be building more good history and bumping scores in connection with successful reapp.

they may require a more compelling reason for inq. to change the decision but the paid COs shows a level of responsibility, check for a back door number for macy's here at the forums in case you want to follow up by phone.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 7
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Thank You all

Thought i had a chance since my score went up from 602 to 625 because i added new accounts

Macys just wont budge and Hooters either. I know people with BK's and worse scores than mine who can get those card

Message 6 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

Thank You all

Thought i had a chance since my score went up from 602 to 625 because i added new accounts

Macys just wont budge and Hooters either. I know people with BK's and worse scores than mine who can get those card

The good news is they will give it to you in time. You will, however, have to remain patient until your CBR's inprove a bit before app'ing again.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.