Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys automatic upgrade to Macy's Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys automatic upgrade to Macy's Visa

I received a "preapproved" invitation for the Macy's Visa a couple of weeks ago.  I shredded the invite and forgot about it.

Checked the mail today.  Brand new, shiny Macy's Visa was in the box.  I called to follow-up because I don't want an additional inquiry.  They told me there was none because they review credit reports every month and they didn't need to pull the report...

The guy says I was given the card because I'm a "valued customer"...  Go Figure.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys automatic upgrade to Macy's Visa

Congrats! Or... commiserations, depending on whether or not you're annoyed that they upgraded you regardless!

I got the same offer, accepted it (and then was very annoyed with myself, as I didn't want a new account, but oh well), and... nothing! No card yet, and it's not showing on my reports. Is yours reporting?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, mine is not reporting.  I accepted the card and I don't think it will do much to my credit reports.... They provided a good credit line.  That's always a nice touch.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrads on your upgrade.  How long have you had your Macys card? What are your current scores if you dont mind providing the info?

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a "preapproved" invitation for the Macy's Visa a couple of weeks ago.  I shredded the invite and forgot about it.

Checked the mail today.  Brand new, shiny Macy's Visa was in the box.  I called to follow-up because I don't want an additional inquiry.  They told me there was none because they review credit reports every month and they didn't need to pull the report...

The guy says I was given the card because I'm a "valued customer"...  Go Figure.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a Macys card since the early 1990s.  I think it's 1992.  My scores are usually between 790 and 800.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.