Regular Contributor
esshua

Macys automatic upgrade to Macy's Visa

I received a "preapproved" invitation for the Macy's Visa a couple of weeks ago.  I shredded the invite and forgot about it.

Checked the mail today.  Brand new, shiny Macy's Visa was in the box.  I called to follow-up because I don't want an additional inquiry.  They told me there was none because they review credit reports every month and they didn't need to pull the report...

The guy says I was given the card because I'm a "valued customer"...  Go Figure.

Established Contributor
fevmlo

Re: Macys automatic upgrade to Macy's Visa

Congrats! Or... commiserations, depending on whether or not you're annoyed that they upgraded you regardless!

I got the same offer, accepted it (and then was very annoyed with myself, as I didn't want a new account, but oh well), and... nothing! No card yet, and it's not showing on my reports. Is yours reporting?

EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
Regular Contributor
esshua

No, mine is not reporting.  I accepted the card and I don't think it will do much to my credit reports.... They provided a good credit line.  That's always a nice touch.
Established Contributor
PurpleHaze

Congrads on your upgrade.  How long have you had your Macys card? What are your current scores if you dont mind providing the info?

esshua wrote:

I received a "preapproved" invitation for the Macy's Visa a couple of weeks ago.  I shredded the invite and forgot about it.

Checked the mail today.  Brand new, shiny Macy's Visa was in the box.  I called to follow-up because I don't want an additional inquiry.  They told me there was none because they review credit reports every month and they didn't need to pull the report...

The guy says I was given the card because I'm a "valued customer"...  Go Figure.

Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
esshua

I've had a Macys card since the early 1990s.  I think it's 1992.  My scores are usually between 790 and 800.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+