Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys backed by Citi...

tag
Scorpiion
Established Member

Macys backed by Citi...

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with a backdoor number for Macys since they are backed by Citi now. I work for Macys part-time and have been for 4 years now. Upon hire they try and get you to open a Macys card so that you can use your 20% back of the house discount on all purchases. Well of course back then my scores and history and everything else was terrible so because I didn't qualify, they gave me a "pre-paid" Macys card to use so I can use my discount. I've tried once a year EVERY year to apply and have them convert me to a regular revolving but they won't budge. I just found out today that they are backed by Citi. I thought it was their own department store bank or whatever, but I guess they switched when they went from Visa to American Express. My thing is, the prepaid card looks and functions as a "real" card, I get all the perks a regular Macy's card like coupons and such but it doesn't report to any CRA's and its prepaid. So in essence I'm PIF EVERYTIME I use the card basically. My question to you all is does anyone have a backdoor number for Macys currently so I can try and recon? Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for all posts. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ezef3ar
Contributor

Re: Macys backed by Citi...

i dont think citibank backs macys ?????  last time i check it was  (“DSNB”)  

correct me if im wrong>????

Message 2 of 8
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@ezef3ar wrote:

i dont think citibank backs macys ?????  last time i check it was  (“DSNB”)  

correct me if im wrong>????

DSNB is a subsidiary of Citibank.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

When is the last time you applied?

You should be able to call a Macy's backdoor number.... while down the chain it is backed by citi they kind of operate seperate and over time I'm surprised they have not moved you into unsecured especially when you got up over 600's score unless you have burned macy's in way past?

Message 4 of 8
Scorpiion
Established Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

When is the last time you applied?

You should be able to call a Macy's backdoor number.... while down the chain it is backed by citi they kind of operate seperate and over time I'm surprised they have not moved you into unsecured especially when you got up over 600's score unless you have burned macy's in way past?

I just applied the other day. I'm just as surprised as you are and no I haven't burned them....do you have a backdoor number?? I've searched the forums and can't find anything recent. If you have it can you PM me please?

Message 5 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Macy's: 800-627-2909 (Credit Dept. - new credit, inquiries on upgrade to Visa AmEx, credit reporting issues)

Macy's: 800-543-9617 (Recovery Services)

DNSB is a subsidary of Citi, but they handle the Macys & Bloomingdales card. You can't really talk to Citi about it because it doesn't fall under Citi's jurisdiction.

What were the main reason for the denials?

Can you tell us more about your CR?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 8
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Is there a Bloomingdales Recovery Number that anyone knows of? I have an old card that simply closed due to non-use. I really would like to open this account back up.

Message 7 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Is there a Bloomingdales Recovery Number that anyone knows of? I have an old card that simply closed due to non-use. I really would like to open this account back up.

Same number as Macys. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.