Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys denial??!!!

tag
knightlynews
Contributor

Macys denial??!!!

In 11/12, I applied online for a Macys CC, was denied and received a letter stating that the reasoning was due to little or no credit history found. I spoke to a rep. on the phone who suggested I get a secured cc (which I did, 12/12 Capital One secured) and reapply after a couple of months. No missed payments on the Cap.One, 300 limit.. I applied in store today and was told that I would receive a letter in the mail. I've seen posts where people have had denials reversed. Any tips???? Thanks in advance!!!

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: EX686EQ682,TU???
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys denial??!!!

Good luck...I hope you get it. I don't have a Macy's card because posts say that there is no "real" limit, and it's a "hit-or-miss" each time you are at the register. They also have an AmEx branded Macy's card if I'm not mistaken. 

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 19
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thats weird when my sister applied she only had one card that was 2 months old(her first card) and after applying online she got the 7-10 days, so she just decided to speak to a rep via chat and was approved for $300. So you should of been approved after having that Capital One Secured Card. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@knightlynews wrote:
In 11/12, I applied online for a Macys CC, was denied and received a letter stating that the reasoning was due to little or no credit history found. I spoke to a rep. on the phone who suggested I get a secured cc (which I did, 12/12 Capital One secured) and reapply after a couple of months. No missed payments on the Cap.One, 300 limit.. I applied in store today and was told that I would receive a letter in the mail. I've seen posts where people have had denials reversed. Any tips???? Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry for your denial. IMO if your scores are correct in your siggy you probably should have waited until the mid600s. Thats not saying you need mid 600s for approval- is there anything else in your profile ? Baddies? 

Message 4 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Good luck...I hope you get it. I don't have a Macy's card because posts say that there is no "real" limit, and it's a "hit-or-miss" each time you are at the register. They also have an AmEx branded Macy's card if I'm not mistaken. 

I have Macys card with a limit. Yes, they do have an Amex branded card. 

Message 5 of 19
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

That's typical of macys. I actually applied for it when i first started to build credit history and was denied for no history. (pretty odd since i heard they are easy to get approved for)

You should call them and explain how you started establishing credit with Capone and how hard you been working to build your credit. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 6 of 19
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Yes, give them a call. Normally they are pretty good about helping you get started with credit. Macys was one of my first accounts when I started rebuilding 2 years ago.

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 19
knightlynews
Contributor

No baddies, 3 old medical bills, all paid in full!

Message 8 of 19
knightlynews
Contributor

I'm going to call them first thing monday morning! Its crazy to have to beg for a $100 Macy's card......Also, does anyone know if the backdoor numbers are still legit? I believe the Macy's one was originally posted in 09, just hoping its been updated!

Message 9 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

Call them and try to have them reconsider.

However, make sure they dont do another HP, unless u really want the card.

I have a Macys card, and it does show the limit. I rarely ever use the card, so my limit is at just 100.

I also have a Bloomingdale's card (same company as Macy's) and I shop a lot more there. As far as I know, same policies.

I got the Macy's card 1 month immediately after I got my SSN. That was my 2nd CC (applied 1 day after I got my WF unsecured), so I had no credit history whatsoever.

Bloomingdales I got it 3 months after I got my SSN.

Pretty sure u don't need excellent credit for those cards, unless you're trying to go for the amex branded version

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.