Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys denial??!!!

tag
Imua
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macys denial??!!!

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Good luck...I hope you get it. I don't have a Macy's card because posts say that there is no "real" limit, and it's a "hit-or-miss" each time you are at the register. They also have an AmEx branded Macy's card if I'm not mistaken. 

macy's store card does have a "real" limit, which does get reported to all 3 CRAs, so there shouldn't be any "hit or miss" any longer (there was a period of time a year or 2 ago when it wasn't reported);  the macy's Amex trade line also reports a "real" limit to the CRAs. 

Message 11 of 19
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

so what happened???? 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 12 of 19
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Strange since I applied and was approved for a Macys card when I had no history at all.

Message 13 of 19
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Same happened to ma sister thats why it seems very strange^^^

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 14 of 19
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Your credit score is kind of low but i still believe you can qualify for a Macys Store acc (at least for a low limit) when i opened my Macys account i was only AU on my ,Mom's Macys acc and yet they approved me for $100 CL which was fair cuz i didn't have my own cards...Maybe if you find a way for someone to add you as an AU you might increase your chances of getting a store account

Oh btw Macys does report your credit limit for every account you opened to the CRA's (they used to not report the CL on the Store version but as of July 2012 they started doing it)

Message 15 of 19
knightlynews
Contributor

Called the Macy's backdoor number, was denied again! I dont understand why now. When I applied several months ago, denial was due to little or no credit. This time I was told it was due to too much negative credit! I explained to them that I havent applied for any other card, and have made 3 mos. of on time payment to my Cap One Card that was sent to me in Nov. Im not the biggest macys shopper, just want an additional card to establish my credit. They are really playing hardball with me!

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: EX686EQ682,TU???
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 19
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Maybe its your low score that makes them feel that your credit is negative? You can always apply for another store card and if denied then you should just get more history with your capital one card. Is there another store that you shop at that that offers a credit card??

Message 17 of 19
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

Get the medical bills removed. In 6 months or so try a different store card maybe gap or something. It will help. It takes time.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 19
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@knightlynews wrote:

Called the Macy's backdoor number, was denied again! I dont understand why now. When I applied several months ago, denial was due to little or no credit. This time I was told it was due to too much negative credit! I explained to them that I havent applied for any other card, and have made 3 mos. of on time payment to my Cap One Card that was sent to me in Nov. Im not the biggest macys shopper, just want an additional card to establish my credit. They are really playing hardball with me!

I'm sorry for the denial.... Try to remove your baddies by desputing them with the CRA's or call the CA to see if you can make an arrangement with them...Also add more accounts to your credit profile, maybe another secured card? and if you cant get approved for credit on your own, try at least to add AUs)

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.