Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Moderator Emeritus

Macys dropped a TL

I noticed today that sometime after April 1, Macys dropped one of my three TLs. I have a store card, a special event card (24 mo financing) and also had another special financing type account that could be used on most anything, but was only limited to 12 months. Both special financing TLs appeared when I purchased a bed from them almost 3 yrs ago. I recall seeing the extra TL and asked them why it was there and they said I could use it anytime without waiting for any special offers to appear and could use it on furniture, jewelry, etc. Now this TL was never used and Macys even offered to delete it for me, but declined at the time because I was looking at the long-term. Well, today it is gone off all 3 CRs after 2.5 yrs of reporting. Some of you had posted in the past that you had this reporting as a 3rd account after buying a bed, etc (which is the 2nd TL).

Also looked around and my Zales TL finally fell off. Now I didn't want it to go away since it was my oldest account, but this was a CO from 1997 when I bought an engagement ring for DW. I PIF sometime around 2000 and by 2002, all the negatives disappeared on their own on the CRs. I recall calling Zales thinking that it was still open and they said no dice. Well, it naturally fell off on 4/1. My EQ FICO took a beating and that was a big part of it.

Both will be missed *sigh*.

Established Contributor

Re: Macys dropped a TL

Man that does stink. Any positives come out of this though? Seems like Macys is going down the wrong road.

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear... Smiley Sad

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Moderator Emeritus

It's all OK. I just added $33k in new CLs in the past month or so. Not shedding any tears. And Macys is as Macys does. IMO, they are nothing more than a junk CC. Before this latest development with the credit check at checkout, I already made a decision to kill off Macys and started by shredding DW's card.

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

llecs wrote:

It's all OK. I just added $33k in new CLs in the past month or so. Not shedding any tears. And Macys is as Macys does. IMO, they are nothing more than a junk CC. Before this latest development with the credit check at checkout, I already made a decision to kill off Macys and started by shredding DW's card.

All of this news about Macy's has made me so glad that I went with Dillard's instead! Smiley Wink

Congrats on the new CLs!!! That's a more than respectable amount! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.