Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys dropped a TL

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Macys dropped a TL

I noticed today that sometime after April 1, Macys dropped one of my three TLs. I have a store card, a special event card (24 mo financing) and also had another special financing type account that could be used on most anything, but was only limited to 12 months. Both special financing TLs appeared when I purchased a bed from them almost 3 yrs ago. I recall seeing the extra TL and asked them why it was there and they said I could use it anytime without waiting for any special offers to appear and could use it on furniture, jewelry, etc. Now this TL was never used and Macys even offered to delete it for me, but declined at the time because I was looking at the long-term. Well, today it is gone off all 3 CRs after 2.5 yrs of reporting. Some of you had posted in the past that you had this reporting as a 3rd account after buying a bed, etc (which is the 2nd TL).

Also looked around and my Zales TL finally fell off. Now I didn't want it to go away since it was my oldest account, but this was a CO from 1997 when I bought an engagement ring for DW. I PIF sometime around 2000 and by 2002, all the negatives disappeared on their own on the CRs. I recall calling Zales thinking that it was still open and they said no dice. Well, it naturally fell off on 4/1. My EQ FICO took a beating and that was a big part of it.

Both will be missed *sigh*.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys dropped a TL

Man that does stink. Any positives come out of this though? Seems like Macys is going down the wrong road.

Message 2 of 5
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear... Smiley Sad

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's all OK. I just added $33k in new CLs in the past month or so. Not shedding any tears. And Macys is as Macys does. IMO, they are nothing more than a junk CC. Before this latest development with the credit check at checkout, I already made a decision to kill off Macys and started by shredding DW's card.

Message 4 of 5
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

It's all OK. I just added $33k in new CLs in the past month or so. Not shedding any tears. And Macys is as Macys does. IMO, they are nothing more than a junk CC. Before this latest development with the credit check at checkout, I already made a decision to kill off Macys and started by shredding DW's card.

All of this news about Macy's has made me so glad that I went with Dillard's instead! Smiley Wink

Congrats on the new CLs!!! That's a more than respectable amount! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.