Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys no longer upgrades to amex?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys no longer upgrades to amex?

@Anonymous wrote:

They really are all kinds of screwed up now. Firstly, to a previous poster, you cant apply directly for the Amex - you apply and either get the store version or the amex. Same for Bloomingdales. However, you can always request the upgrade to Amex and it takes about 30 days to review.

on 8/11/15 I applied for the Amex upgrade on my Macy's. This was right after I got approved for the Bloomingdales Amex, so I figured, why not. I got the email for the Bloomies Amex, called and got my limit which was confirmed to be Bloomies amex, and when I get the card? Store card.

I called in and they were so confused, and have no idea whats going on >.<

Long and the short, looks like I'm stuck with the Bloomies store card now =/.

I'm going to wait until this site is fixed and send in a secured mail and see why I got a different card.

When I applied in July, I had the option of applying for either the Amex or the Store Card. If they couldn't approve me for the Amex, then they would try to approve me for the Amex.

Not sure how it will be going forward, but up until July 18th , according to the T&C brochure, that was what you could do.

Message 11 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well as stated they are updating credit lines. Combining and many other features so chances are not this week. However, To make it easy. it never really was an actual upgrade. It has always been an addition to the current store card. That is changing for some this week. Not all. so it was never typical as going from store to amex. it was in the past. having two cards. 1 store and 1 amex. and for some reason. I still have 1 store and 1 amex. some others were able to combine. Don't understand the confusion since they have been announcing doing all of this for many months.

Message 12 of 25
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would be helpful to know as I was hoping at some point to upgrade my Bloomingdale's card to Amex (same bank as Macy's, through DSNB).

People have been getting the upgrades to Macy's and Bloomingdale's Amex via soft pull so it would be disappointing if the upgrade wasn't possible anymore.

i was about to make a thread. i was checking my macys account today for balance info etc ant it said activate macys amex, and tried leading me to the dsnb site and then says error. wanted to see if anyone else has been getting that message. 

macyscard.jpg

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 13 of 25
mxp114
Valued Contributor

You can no longer upgrade and it requires a new app in-store only to get a brand new Amex. Also conflicting info about those of us that upgraded between 5/1 and 8/20 and the other population of Amex/store accounts that weren't combined. Some reps say these accounts will be combined late 2015 or early 2016 and others say they will never combine.

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really, mxp? Was it CS who mentioned that no upgrades would be allowed? Sad to hear if that is the case. I closed my Macy's but would be interested in upgrading my Bloomingdale's if that were possible.

Message 15 of 25
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Really, mxp? Was it CS who mentioned that no upgrades would be allowed? Sad to hear if that is the case. I closed my Macy's but would be interested in upgrading my Bloomingdale's if that were possible.

Yes because I was trying to get my accounts combined and called, rep confirmed that upgrades won't be available after the system changes so I proceeded to upgrade only to find out that my account didn't merge and may never. Idk what to do? Close the Amex side and have it deleted and then they announce they are merging them or risk keeping a newly opened TL that I don't really need nor want on my report :/ lol Either way keeping the store since my oldest TL.

Message 16 of 25
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i could really care less about having a macys amex. 

i was just surprised that it popped up, and i have never seen that before. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 17 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

Good info. I'm thinking about closing my Amex as well. I got it 6-25. With a 3x limit. Store limit 11.2k. They will not combine. I would rather close it and get another card. Like the Amex Hilton. Or the chase Marriott. Too chicken to app
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:
Good info. I'm thinking about closing my Amex as well. I got it 6-25. With a 3x limit. Store limit 11.2k. They will not combine. I would rather close it and get another card. Like the Amex Hilton. Or the chase Marriott. Too chicken to app

Sounds like a good idea, taxi!

Message 19 of 25
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Oh Taxi, don't close your Macy's Amex quite yet.....at least not till after Saturday November 28th -- Amex small business Saturday -- spend 10, get 10 back x3 per every Amex -- just think 10 Amex's = 300 bucks in free stuff

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.