Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys question

tag
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: IMPORTANT macys question

Good Luck!!! and keep us posted on the outcome...

Message 11 of 18
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I did an online chat to request a CLI.  I told the CSR that I did not want an HP only SP.  She said that she would run the information through and if it requested that a HP be done that she would stop the process.  She was able to give me an $800 CLI with an SP.  Not as much as I wanted but since it was an SP I took it!

So I don't know if this is YMMV, but perhaps she can make sure that the CSR understands the difference between an HP and SP, and if they don't you hang up and call back or close out the chat and restart.  Keep doing it until you are comfortable with the fact that the CSR knows what S/He is talking about.  This is exactly what I did.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 12 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Rhaeny I will follow these steps thanks.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 13 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@mnavas of course i will! Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 14 of 18
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys question

Macy's store card....I called the number for CSR they did a soft pull and approved me from $500 to $1200 instantly on the phone... $700 increase should help my overall score as soon as it hits the reports.

*8/10/13
Message 15 of 18
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

I did an online chat to request a CLI.  I told the CSR that I did not want an HP only SP.  She said that she would run the information through and if it requested that a HP be done that she would stop the process.  She was able to give me an $800 CLI with an SP.  Not as much as I wanted but since it was an SP I took it!

So I don't know if this is YMMV, but perhaps she can make sure that the CSR understands the difference between an HP and SP, and if they don't you hang up and call back or close out the chat and restart.  Keep doing it until you are comfortable with the fact that the CSR knows what S/He is talking about.  This is exactly what I did.

+1

I just had a similar experience. The CSR said she could stop the process if I didn't want a HP. My account had been open for six months. Initial limit $500. I asked for $2,000 which was approved without the need for the HP.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 16 of 18
Bobert22
Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

+1

I just had a similar experience. The CSR said she could stop the process if I didn't want a HP. My account had been open for six months. Initial limit $500. I asked for $2,000 which was approved without the need for the HP.

Same situation for me. Asked them if it was going to be soft inquiry or hard inquiry, and CSR told me that it would be soft, but if required/declined, they would stop, per your request. Got an increase from $300 to $1200, and I hadn't used the card for 5 months. Smiley Happy

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 17 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

WOW! great stories! my sister just used almost all her credit, she spent 294 and her cl is 300. maybe next month. so her balance can lower. Thanks again!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.