is it a hard pull like they say ?

how are the limits for the card combined or seperate 

Help please 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macys to Amex Macys ? questions

It is a hard pull and reports as a separate trade line.

I don't think its worth it. I thought about going after it but found Amex's own cards to be much better. Better rewards, likely much lower interest rate. After I got approved by AMEX for no interest for 14 months, I have never given it a second though.

If you are a hardcore shopper at Macy's it may be worth while, but I'm perfectly happy with the store card and always pay it off before I leave the store to avoid the nasty interest. The Macy's AMEX is not issued by Centurion Bank, it's from Macy's through a license of some type. For the scores they want for approval, you're better off going directly to AMEX and choosing a card that gives you the rewards you want.
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 2 of 5
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

Don't forget about the 3 x CLI with AMEX too. I highly doubt Macys will even consider that.
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

true better rewards directly with amex .. im liking the spg 

Message 4 of 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@KneelBeforeZod wrote:
Don't forget about the 3 x CLI with AMEX too. I highly doubt Macys will even consider that.

DSNB issues the Macy's Amex as a co-brand.  3X doesn't apply however the Macy's CLI process 99.99% of the time is a SP whether online or on the phone.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.