Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys

tag
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys

Taxi- congrats on your increase and you are so welcome. Now a week before Black Friday call them again and ask for another increase so you can take advantage of the 

the sales. Don't be afraid to use the card. It really save you $ ...... 

Message 31 of 45
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I got Macys card in May. Last Friday I bought $1000 worth of clothes mostly suits and dress shirts for work then a few casuals. The CL on the store card is $1k so I plan on requesting a CLI when I call in to pay the bill. I'm hoping the fact that I spent $1k at a single instance and PIF by the due date will give me some leverage to get approved. Also I bought a Movado wrist watch and ring on my jewelry line for $2658 total (CL is $5600) and that purchase is on a 12month 0 interest payment plan. Based on my ability to PIF the $1k and the fact I shop predominantly at macys will they be willing to increase my limit?? Not forgetting I spent $1k on the AMEX outside purchase I also paid off in full  which I'm getting a $20 statement credit for using it.

Message 32 of 45
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

scoreorbescored and credit addict . Thank both of you. even i called a month ago and was denied cli because they said i did not use enough.

I only used one because the limit was so low.

But after listening to your advice. i called and again and used the kids going to school excuse. hehehe

they raised the measely limit from 300 to 800 instantly. told me to enjoy my shopping. hehehe. funny. because. im sure they can see on my report. i have at least 11 credit cards.

and macy's was the only 1 with such a low limit. anyway. i wll start to get my personals there because of the 20 percent off sale items they run. socks underware and so on.

Love Macys. especailly i went to the original in New York on 5th ave. was great.

How on earth am I from NYC and didn't know Macys has a store at 5th Avenue?! Always thought the one on 34th Street Herald Square was the only one in Manhattan, not counting the other in Downtown Brooklyn. I'll have to look into the 5th Avenue location cos the 34th Street store is always crowded with tourists and all that and sometimes I just would appreciate a cool laid back environment

Message 33 of 45
taxi818
Super Contributor

Hehehe. Because you live three and know the streets. Maybe it was Madison. All I know I was tourist completely lost. And saw sign. World largest store. They gave me visitors pass first. With my Florida driver license. 10 percent off all. Then lady at register said you also get another 20 off with macys card. So I got 55 dollar shirt for 18 bucks. Which makes me wonder if that is what it worth anyway. Don't blame tourist for not knowing the streets. Tampa Florida.
Message 34 of 45
taxi818
Super Contributor

I realized. No time limit with Macy's. I would call as soon as I paid my bill if I was you. They were very nice. I went to chat. And asked. She said ok. Then had me call to anwser some security questions. Boom. Approved.
Message 35 of 45
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@lonelyisland wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

I just got this card and was looking to make it grow.  Do i do the cli every 4th statement? Call credit solutions?  Is it a HP for cli's?  It was only approved for 1k I have lots of inquiries and new accounts and a few balances due to a large home project at the moment.

every 3-4 months

its not credit solutions as it's not a GE card.

you can do online chat and ask for cli

they will always tell you hp and it's 97% ALWAYS NOT a hp! they keep credit reports on file every 30-90 days that the computer uses for your requests.

Yup everything creditaddict said. I live chat with with them every other month. More often than not, its a denial, but sometimes its an increase. And its never once been a HP. 

this is my CLI history with them:

Credit limit of $300 from 08/2013 to 10/2013; $800 from 11/2013 to 11/2013; $1,000 from 12/2013 to 04/2014, $1100 from 04/2014 to 8/2014, $2000 to present.

Added $6,000 furn line 4/2014 (never used yet)

Did you request the furniture line through chat also. What about the jewelry one? Curious about the extra tradelines.

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 36 of 45
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@reneasworld wrote:

@lonelyisland wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bobbay wrote:

I just got this card and was looking to make it grow.  Do i do the cli every 4th statement? Call credit solutions?  Is it a HP for cli's?  It was only approved for 1k I have lots of inquiries and new accounts and a few balances due to a large home project at the moment.

every 3-4 months

its not credit solutions as it's not a GE card.

you can do online chat and ask for cli

they will always tell you hp and it's 97% ALWAYS NOT a hp! they keep credit reports on file every 30-90 days that the computer uses for your requests.

Yup everything creditaddict said. I live chat with with them every other month. More often than not, its a denial, but sometimes its an increase. And its never once been a HP. 

this is my CLI history with them:

Credit limit of $300 from 08/2013 to 10/2013; $800 from 11/2013 to 11/2013; $1,000 from 12/2013 to 04/2014, $1100 from 04/2014 to 8/2014, $2000 to present.

Added $6,000 furn line 4/2014 (never used yet)

Did you request the furniture line through chat also. What about the jewelry one? Curious about the extra tradelines.

I requested mine over the phone

Message 37 of 45
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

I was just approved for a Macy card today.  $200 credit limit.  How do I apply for the furniture and jewelry lines of credit?  I am not seeing it on their web site.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 38 of 45
taxi818
Super Contributor

You need to wait until you receive card. Then you will have account. But they are no longer offering extra accounts. As all will combine in 2 weeks. But does not hurt to try.
Message 39 of 45
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I actually got my Macy's card a year ago yesterday. They gave me an auto CLI from $800 to $2500 in January, but I had a zero balance. I may or may not get another CLI until I get my balance down but it would sure help with my UTL
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.