fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macys

Its a conspiracy.  Hahaha!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 92
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

I've have a EQ reporting problem with Macys for over a year now. My active 20+ year-old account is reported as closed. I disputed it, then it would revert back. I gave up. I'll revisit some other time. Good luck with yours.

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 92
ficonewbie01
Regular Contributor

I checked today and Macy's updated all 3 accounts with $0 limit. I have a recent large purchase and my utilization skyrocketed to 70%! Smiley Surprised

I called Macy's and per the customer rep, starting May they will no longer report the "guideline limit" to the CRA. This is due to the new credit law that was put in place a month ago. She said my utilization maybe affected now but after May it will be recoded and should help with the credit score... We shall see

4/30/10: EQ 705 | TU 687
6/09/09: EQ 656 | TU 638 | EX 675 (FICO from LO)
5/11/09: EQ 584 | TU 539
Message 13 of 92
score_building
Senior Contributor

@ficonewbie01 wrote:

I checked today and Macy's updated all 3 accounts with $0 limit. My utilization skyrocketed to 70%! Smiley Surprised

I called Macy's and per the customer rep, starting May they will no longer report the "guideline limit" to the CRA. This is due to the new credit law that was put in place a month ago. She said my utilization maybe affected now but after May it will be recoded and should help with the credit score... We shall see

huh... recoded?

WTH?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 92
ficonewbie01
Regular Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@ficonewbie01 wrote:

I checked today and Macy's updated all 3 accounts with $0 limit. My utilization skyrocketed to 70%! Smiley Surprised

huh... recoded?

WTH?

I could barely hear her but from what I heard, it has something to do with Macy's limit not being calculated in the fico score.

4/30/10: EQ 705 | TU 687
6/09/09: EQ 656 | TU 638 | EX 675 (FICO from LO)
5/11/09: EQ 584 | TU 539
Message 15 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could all of this have anything to do with them switching their VISAs over to AMEX? I don't know why/if this would matter, just throwing it out there.

Message 16 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficonewbie01 wrote:

I called Macy's and per the customer rep, starting May they will no longer report the "guideline limit" to the CRA. This is due to the new credit law that was put in place a month ago.

Ugh.  That makes no sense - or all of our cc's would be required to report that way as well.  I think these CSR's are dancing as fast as they can.  When I called in yesterday, the CSR I spoke to was not aware of the reporting issue.  She had pulled her EXP and said hers was reporting fine and she couldn't imagine that there was a problem - it was the first she'd heard of it.  Told me to call the CRB's and get it corrected - silly CSR.
Message 17 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

This goes for Bloomingdales as well. Sorry guys. Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ficonewbie01 wrote:

I called Macy's and per the customer rep, starting May they will no longer report the "guideline limit" to the CRA. This is due to the new credit law that was put in place a month ago.

Ugh.  That makes no sense - or all of our cc's would be required to report that way as well.  I think these CSR's are dancing as fast as they can.  When I called in yesterday, the CSR I spoke to was not aware of the reporting issue.  She had pulled her EXP and said hers was reporting fine and she couldn't imagine that there was a problem - it was the first she'd heard of it.  Told me to call the CRB's and get it corrected - silly CSR.

I also have to call bullfeces on blaming the "new credit law."

This also reminds me of Macy's attempts to circumvent the prohibition on double-cycle billing by eliminating the grace period and then giving rebates to those who paid before the payment due date.

It seems like Macy's is starting to show characteristics of sleaze.

Message 19 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them the day I noticed the change on my CR. The CSR said  it was a mistake and that they had other calls with the same issue. The CSR informed me that it would be corrected. If it is true and they are not going to report the credit limit then I will dump them. If there not reporting credit limits them there useless to me.

Message 20 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.