tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Macys

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, Everyone!!

I too noticed on my CCT pull that my util had gone up (not by very much though). I looked over my reports and saw that my Macys limit was reporting $0. I called the backdoor # this morning, and the CSR told me also that they will NOT be reporting the limit ANYMORE. It is more of a guideline and will report as a retail card. But, check this out....if you have a balance, that will report...with a $0 CL/GL. That sucks!! I was glad to get my Macys card back after BK, but now it's really only good for the coupons!! No need to call every 3 to 6 months anymore, as it won't help util %.

Thank goodness, I have been PIF'ing every month and that my GL is only $400! This new reporting (or lack thereof) would have really screwed my Util up, as I do have balances on 3 other credit accounts. I am paying them down, but it really would have hurt right now as I am house hunting. This really could have hurt mhy score, and possibly my chances for mortgage approval. My score did not drop, as the gl is only $400 and it has a $0 balance.

Jelly

According to Macys, the accts that are reporting $0 are due to an error that will be fixed, it should be blank so it is removed from calculation.

If you have a $0CL reporting you may want to call so they can remove it for you sooner rather than later.

Yes the rep told me this as well, BUT if you have a balance on the card, that balance WILL be factored into the Util as it WILL be reported to the CRA.

arghh!  also, I guess the CL not reporting removes it as a cushion for those who PIF but liked to have the CL report for padding overall util, etc.

This is just a big fat mess Smiley Surprised

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 31 of 92
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

AGREEEED!Smiley Sad

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 32 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

arghh!  also, I guess the CL not reporting removes it as a cushion for those who PIF but liked to have the CL report for padding overall util, etc.

Correct!!!

Message 33 of 92
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

As an update, I pulled my EQ report directly from EQ and their summary used to say "$0" for the CL for my 2 Macys and one Bloomies. It now shows nothing in the CL field within the summary. So, I pulled my EQ FICO report and still no change. Nothing new, but looks like they took steps to make it appear they are changing things. The CSR I talked to was very clear in saying that May 19 would be a day they'll change things around (how, I don't know).

Message 34 of 92
happy0510
Established Contributor

Oh my gosh guys!!

I am very confused right now and I need clarification...PLEASE!!!

I currently have a mortgage pre-approval that will be expiring 6/17/10 and they will need to re-pull my score to update

the pre-approval.

I'm already concerned that my Orchard may not post my $0 balance as I have heard they sometimes don't.

NOW THIS!!! I only have 3 CC's!!! Macy's, Orchard, and Kay!!

I have a balance on my Macy's....do I need to PIF this thing or what? WHat EXACTLY is going on? Is it going to be included in DTI or not?

They still report on Statement cut off dates correct?  If so, my statement cut off for this month is May 16th. May 19th is 3 days later. 

Will I have to wait till June 16th to see change? Ugh I'm cutting this close!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 92
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd PIF your Macys and it won't have any negative impact on you, assuming it reports a $0 balance by the 16th or so. Do some math. X out your Macys CL and make sure your overall util is OK.

....or pull your two FICO reports to see if there's any impact. If none, then don't worry. I'd probably bring up the reporting issue with your lender just to be safe.

Message 36 of 92
happy0510
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I'd PIF your Macys and it won't have any negative impact on you, assuming it reports a $0 balance by the 16th or so. Do some math. X out your Macys CL and make sure your overall util is OK.

....or pull your two FICO reports to see if there's any impact. If none, then don't worry. I'd probably bring up the reporting issue with your lender just to be safe.

K.  I just checked my EX annual CR and it's showing N/A.  I'm pulling my EQ fico on the 17th to check my Orchard, so i'll kill 2 birds with one stone there.

I also noticed on my EX Macy's softed me on 3/10/10!! I wonder what that was for??? Hmmmm  I opened this account 9/2009 with of course no lates.  They are weird!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Message 37 of 92
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@happy0510 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

K.  I just checked my EX annual CR and it's showing N/A.  I'm pulling my EQ fico on the 17th to check my Orchard, so i'll kill 2 birds with one stone there.

I also noticed on my EX Macy's softed me on 3/10/10!! I wonder what that was for??? Hmmmm  I opened this account 9/2009 with of course no lates.  They are weird!!

Really?!?! That is interesting. Maybe they were cleaning house. I was softed too (EX) on 3/10/10 by Macys and Bloomingdales, & figured it was because of the recent CLI increases. Guess not. These guys...... 

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 38 of 92
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone, I have been off-line for a few days now and I was ready to call Macy's and give them an earful as to what was going on until I read this thread with the reporting of my Macy's account as all three reports are not showing my $4,800.00 cl but it did not forget to report my balance though LOL  I will wait and see how this plays out.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 39 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused.  Can anybody please explain what Macy's logic is in not reporting limits?

Am I wrong in thinking that the only "harm" this will have to customers is how it effects util?  What implications are there when there is a 0 CL, but the card shows, say, a $100 balance?  Will it look like the card is maxed out?

Message 40 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.