Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys

tag
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macys

On EQ they are reporting my balance but under CL the space is "blank". 

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 51 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Great.  Now EX is showing Macy's with a $0 credit limit.

Me too!Smiley Mad

Something just isn't smelling right with Macy's.

First they try the lame end run around the ban on double-cycle billing.  Then they announce changing to AmEx as their credit card partner (which I am not saying is bad).

Now they decide not to report CLs.  Their excuse so far given to those who have been kind enough to post what they've been told is, to put it succinctly, lame.  I would like to know what their real reason is for doing this.

Is there a possibility this -- as trying to avoid the ban on double-cycle billing and switching to AmEx -- is a cost saving measure?  Can we read into this that Macy's is in financial distress?  Is it time to jump ship?

On a side note, how does FICO account for Signature Visa cards that report no CL?  Will Macy's sans CL also be factored into FICO the same way?

For either card, if there is a $0 CL (or its blank) and there is no high balance reporting (or its blank), the trade line will not factor in util calculations.

I see.  Thanks.

So it seems the damage comes from a $0 CL and a high balance because the highbalance is taken as a defacto CL and the high balance may not be as high as the actual limit is.  Do I have that right?

Without going back and looking at my CRs, does anybody know if Macy's is reporting a high balance?

I'm not clear on what you're asking.Smiley Happy

No, so far they haven't.

Message 52 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, mine shows neither high balance or CL.

Terms:  0
High Balance:---
Limit:---
Past Due:-$0$0
Payment Status:CurrentCurrentCurrent
Message 53 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

No, mine shows neither high balance or CL.

Terms:     0
High Balance: - - -
Limit: - - -
Past Due: - $0 $0
Payment Status: Current Current Current

Your Macy's account does not factor in util calculations. Same for me.

Message 54 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Great.  Now EX is showing Macy's with a $0 credit limit.

Me too!Smiley Mad

Something just isn't smelling right with Macy's.

First they try the lame end run around the ban on double-cycle billing.  Then they announce changing to AmEx as their credit card partner (which I am not saying is bad).

Now they decide not to report CLs.  Their excuse so far given to those who have been kind enough to post what they've been told is, to put it succinctly, lame.  I would like to know what their real reason is for doing this.

Is there a possibility this -- as trying to avoid the ban on double-cycle billing and switching to AmEx -- is a cost saving measure?  Can we read into this that Macy's is in financial distress?  Is it time to jump ship?

On a side note, how does FICO account for Signature Visa cards that report no CL?  Will Macy's sans CL also be factored into FICO the same way?

For either card, if there is a $0 CL (or its blank) and there is no high balance reporting (or its blank), the trade line will not factor in util calculations.

I see.  Thanks.

So it seems the damage comes from a $0 CL and a high balance because the highbalance is taken as a defacto CL and the high balance may not be as high as the actual limit is.  Do I have that right?

Without going back and looking at my CRs, does anybody know if Macy's is reporting a high balance?

I'm not clear on what you're asking.Smiley Happy

No, so far they haven't.

I mean that it seems that in the absence of a CL, scoring takes the high balance into account as though it were a credit limit.  And then, since the high balance may be far less than your actual CL, it can make your UTIL look worse.

Message 55 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I mean that it seems that in the absence of a CL, scoring takes the high balance into account as though it were a credit limit.  And then, since the high balance may be far less than your actual CL, it can make your UTIL look worse.

Yes, the situation you're describing would tank scores in the same way as a high balance (high util) reporting in relation to a credit limit. The thing with Macy's is it shouldn't hurt our FICO scores, so that's a good thing. BTW, I will be bumping a thread updating the new Amex plot. The details are still early, but I get the sense that they're up to no good.

Message 56 of 92
happy0510
Established Contributor

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, the situation you're describing would tank scores in the same way as a high balance (high util) reporting in relation to a credit limit. The thing with Macy's is it shouldn't hurt our FICO scores, so that's a good thing. BTW, I will be bumping a thread updating the new Amex plot. The details are still early, but I get the sense that they're up to no good.

I hate to add more to this and it's amazing that I even have another question...but here it goes:

You are all referring to "high balance".  On my report the only thing NOT showing NA is "recent balance".  There is a "high balance" area but that too shows NA....is this factoring into my util?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 57 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called Macys to see why it isn't reporting.  They said as of 2 weeks ago they have stopped reporting limits since its not a credit card.  They explained that since they can adjust the limit at any time they were told not to list the limits anymore.  WTF is that about.  I guess the only reason to keep the card is to get the discount coupons and just not charge onto it since it will show as you are using more than the credit that is available.  They aren't even showing what the high balance was.

Message 58 of 92
happy0510
Established Contributor

HeartbreakingSmiley Sad

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 59 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called Macys to see why it isn't reporting.  They said as of 2 weeks ago they have stopped reporting limits since its not a credit card.  They explained that since they can adjust the limit at any time they were told not to list the limits anymore.  WTF is that about.  I guess the only reason to keep the card is to get the discount coupons and just not charge onto it since it will show as you are using more than the credit that is available.  They aren't even showing what the high balance was.

How can Macy's make that claim. Unless something has recently changed, none of us are required to PIF each month. Credit IS being extended.

Message 60 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.