Did you mean: 

Macys

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macys

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

Lets just hope stores, CCCs and banks don't start doing the same thing as Macy's. 

Well, it would sure as hades keep us all PIF'ing.

True! But, banks and CCCs hate the PIFers aka deadbeats.Smiley Very Happy They want to make trillions. LOL!

Message 81 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

Lets just hope stores, CCCs and banks don't start doing the same thing as Macy's. 

True! But, banks and CCCs hate the PIFers aka deadbeats.Smiley Very Happy They want to make trillions. LOL!

I think I need a "Wanna be a Deadbeat" bumper sticker.  Maybe we could put a macy's red star on it.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 82 of 92
setgoals
Established Member

Does anyone know what score you have to have with macys to get qualified? Also what report do they pull from?

Thank you!

Message 83 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

setgoals wrote:  Does anyone know what score you have to have with macys to get qualified? Also what report do they pull from?

They pull EXP and they're noted for being fairly easy to get - for most folks.  If you're thinking of app'ing, let us know your scores and any baddies that may be showing on your CR's.  We can probably give you some fairly decent feedback.

And, at this point, there's probably a few frustrated folks who would gladly hand over their Macy's card to you!

Because they're not reporting CL's, a few folks might recommend you look at some other cards - unless you're a big Macy's shopper and love those discounts!

Message 84 of 92
setgoals
Established Member

According to the Experian site I'm 561. Ireceived my FICO score from here tu-520 equifax 531. The only baddie i have is my ch 7 bk which was discharged in April 09. I want to start re-establishing my credit. Right now I have a car lease, 2 cc (orchard and Navy FCU secured) and my student loans. Should I just not bother and stick with the cards I have? BTW I do love Macy's Smiley Happy

Message 85 of 92
score_building
Senior Contributor

@setgoals wrote:

According to the Experian site I'm 561. Ireceived my FICO score from here tu-520 equifax 531. The only baddie i have is my ch 7 bk which was discharged in April 09. I want to start re-establishing my credit. Right now I have a car lease, 2 cc (orchard and Navy FCU secured) and my student loans. Should I just not bother and stick with the cards I have? BTW I do love Macy's Smiley Happy

Yes- 2 cc is enough for now, get your scores at least up around 650 before next app for best results.

Macy's may approve around 600, but I wouldn't app below 600, not worth a possible wasted inq that would further ding score.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 86 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

I think I need a "Wanna be a Deadbeat" bumper sticker.  Maybe we could put a macy's red star on it.  Smiley Very Happy

That's a good idea!Smiley Very Happy

Message 87 of 92
Client9
Regular Contributor

well, after they jerked around this credit limit thing, my overall utility went from 8% to 18%.  My Macy's limit is $7800 bucks and that was helping with utility.  So I got a $5000 Discover and a BECU Visa at $13000 to combat this. 

Message 88 of 92
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have a question (or two) about the Macy's store card vs Macy's Visa (soon to be Macy's AmEx.) Which I don't have, as my home town doesn't have a Macy's. (Don't get me started.)

I know that the usual progression is to start with a store card and then one day they bless you with the revolver. Has anyone ever gotten the Visa (soon to be AmEx) right out of the gate without getting the store card as well? Or got both of them at the same time?

As I recall, most members here have posted that the limits on the store card could get decent, but mainly it was the addition of the revolver that got things rolling.

I'm curious as to whether it's possible to simply bypass the store card, or to get it at the same time as the Visa-soon-to-be-AmEx and just sock-drawer the store card.

And to clarify (87 posts later, lol), the Visa is still reporting CL's, right? So it's only the store card that's affected?

I don't think that they're specifically out to screw the consumers, but I'm convinced that there's something in it for them, and if they get some sort of perceived advantage, they don't give a rat's patootie about the consumer. Big corporations don't make changes of this magnitude unless they think that there's a benefit there somewhere.

And I am soooooo tired of lenders blaming the Credit CARD Act. What, your dog starts doing rude things on the living room carpet, so it must be the CC Act?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 89 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Has anyone ever gotten the Visa (soon to be AmEx) right out of the gate without getting the store card as well? Or got both of them at the same time?

As I recall, most members here have posted that the limits on the store card could get decent, but mainly it was the addition of the revolver that got things rolling.

I'm curious as to whether it's possible to simply bypass the store card, or to get it at the same time as the Visa-soon-to-be-AmEx and just sock-drawer the store card.

And to clarify (87 posts later, lol), the Visa is still reporting CL's, right? So it's only the store card that's affected?

Hi Hauling,

I app'd in store and got the store card.  DH app'd in store and got the Visa.  It's just one card, so if you sock drawer one, you're sock drawering both of them.

The funny thing was that DH's reported as two accounts (that's normal).  And his store card had a CL of $1200 - his Visa had a CL of $1500 - which is how they both reported.  A few months back the Visa started reporting as only $300 - the difference between the store card and the Visa.  Even more interesting, they made this reporting change after he had closed his Macy's account(s).  So it now looks like he had a $300 CL Visa.  Go figure.

Message 90 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.