Re: Macys

love Macy's , here is my history with them

January 2014 - $400 ( online )

called 15 mins later to increase it - $600

-----------------------------------------------------------

April  - $2,000 ( called for a CLi )

------------------------------------------------------------

May - called in and had Special Events ( furniture ) added- $5,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June - Called and had Club ( Jewelery ) added- $2,300

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July - Called in and Applied for Amex Juky 16th. Denied and then received a letter in the mail saying

They have submitted a request to Experian to have the HP from Juky 16th removed. Lol

July - $2,500 ( called in to CLi ) 

i will will be calling back for another increase around thanksgiving time just in time for Black Friday & Christmas time

everything listed above was a soft pull ( except the initial App )and each account has it's own trade line

i hope this helps you and gives you an idea of what all you can do with Macy's Card. Make it worth your while. 

Message 11 of 45
taxi818
Super Contributor

I called macys last month. And they said. first cli is at the 6 month mark after they seen some payments under your belt.

so go buy some socks at 1 register. then 5 mins later go to other register to pay bill.

hehehe

after 6 months. they will give you bump.imo

Message 12 of 45
taxi818
Super Contributor

How often are you using your card to get those kinda increases. and you can call and get a furniture line added?

hmmm . maybe i will try that.

Message 13 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. You don't need to wait 6 months.
Just chat online and ask for increase, don't ask when you can ask.
2. You can add furniture line and jewelry line right away if you want but if you won't use don't bother as they won't report if you don't use it
Message 14 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved in Feb 2014 for $600 and paid it off 90% every month. They gave me an auto CLI in July to $1500. Only things I buy from Macy's are cosmetics/fragrances and handbags. Not sure if what you buy affects it?

Message 15 of 45
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I got my furniture account back in May and just used it in August. It hasn't shown up on reports yet.
I got my Jewelry account in June and it showed up on my reports before I got to even use it. Lol
I use my card about every other month or so. I spend maybe $150 each time. Just used $250 a week ago for my son's back to school shopping.
You can ask for an increase whenever you want too, don't be afraid to ask. If they tell u its going to be a HP just ask them to use the report that's on file. I say call them & get an increase, they will probably transfer you over to the Authorization dept. Tell them you have 3 or 4 kids and you REALLY need too do some back to school shopping but you can't because you don't have enough room on your card to. I have my brother on my account as a AU and I use that for leverage also. Lol I tell them we both have 3 kids each & we both going to do all of our back to school shopping at Macy's and need more $ so it don't appear that I'm maxing out my cards. That's what I said when I called last. They will usually understand and will increase you. Let use know how it goes.
Message 16 of 45
taxi818
Super Contributor

But I have only had my card since may. So I don't know if they will go for that. But I will try. Also. Did you just say. Can you add furniture account on my card. Did they give you seperste limit. If so what was it. I do need office chair. Hehehe
Message 17 of 45
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Yes you can get a increase on Ur clothes account now. Tell them you need to do some back to school shopping for your kids. You can tell them $5k and they will counter offer.
Yes tell them you also need to get your kids a new bed for the school year and new mattress and would like to take advantage of their 0% offer. Say you don't have enough limit on your card for all of that. They will increase your clothes and then tell you about the furniture account. I asked for $6k & they counter offered at $5k. I just acted dumb about the furniture account and they told me all about it. Lol
Message 18 of 45
taxi818
Super Contributor

Hilarious. Ok. I will go to the online chat now. And give it a shot. I'm sure it helped it utilization.
Message 19 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just ask for an account to do 0% on furniture... Some reps actually don't know about them (shocking to me) the last time I asked the rep was trying to increase my store line CL to buy the furniture, they are completely separate lines!
Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.