Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 16,375
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: Macys

Its a conspiracy.  Hahaha!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1, EQ 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Visa ~ CITI Dividend Platinum World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Established Contributor
Posts: 511
Registered: ‎10-18-2007
0

Re: Macys

I've have a EQ reporting problem with Macys for over a year now. My active 20+ year-old account is reported as closed. I disputed it, then it would revert back. I gave up. I'll revisit some other time. Good luck with yours.

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
Posts: 146
Registered: ‎04-05-2008
0

Re: Macys

[ Edited ]

I checked today and Macy's updated all 3 accounts with $0 limit. I have a recent large purchase and my utilization skyrocketed to 70%! :smileysurprised:

 

I called Macy's and per the customer rep, starting May they will no longer report the "guideline limit" to the CRA. This is due to the new credit law that was put in place a month ago. She said my utilization maybe affected now but after May it will be recoded and should help with the credit score... We shall see

4/30/10: EQ 705 | TU 687
6/09/09: EQ 656 | TU 638 | EX 675 (FICO from LO)
5/11/09: EQ 584 | TU 539
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,682
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Macys


ficonewbie01 wrote:

I checked today and Macy's updated all 3 accounts with $0 limit. My utilization skyrocketed to 70%! :smileysurprised:

 

I called Macy's and per the customer rep, starting May they will no longer report the "guideline limit" to the CRA. This is due to the new credit law that was put in place a month ago. She said my utilization maybe affected now but after May it will be recoded and should help with the credit score... We shall see


huh... recoded?

WTH?

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Regular Contributor
Posts: 146
Registered: ‎04-05-2008
0

Re: Macys


score_building wrote:

ficonewbie01 wrote:

I checked today and Macy's updated all 3 accounts with $0 limit. My utilization skyrocketed to 70%! :smileysurprised:

 

I called Macy's and per the customer rep, starting May they will no longer report the "guideline limit" to the CRA. This is due to the new credit law that was put in place a month ago. She said my utilization maybe affected now but after May it will be recoded and should help with the credit score... We shall see


huh... recoded?

WTH?


I could barely hear her but from what I heard, it has something to do with Macy's limit not being calculated in the fico score.

4/30/10: EQ 705 | TU 687
6/09/09: EQ 656 | TU 638 | EX 675 (FICO from LO)
5/11/09: EQ 584 | TU 539
Valued Member
Posts: 41
Registered: ‎03-15-2009
0

Re: Macys

Could all of this have anything to do with them switching their VISAs over to AMEX? I don't know why/if this would matter, just throwing it out there.


Starting Score: EQ 644 -- TU 713
Current Score: EQ 796 -- TU 780
Goal Score: EQ 800+ -- TU 800+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,470
Registered: ‎12-31-2008
0

Re: Macys


ficonewbie01 wrote:

I called Macy's and per the customer rep, starting May they will no longer report the "guideline limit" to the CRA. This is due to the new credit law that was put in place a month ago.


Ugh.  That makes no sense - or all of our cc's would be required to report that way as well.  I think these CSR's are dancing as fast as they can.  When I called in yesterday, the CSR I spoke to was not aware of the reporting issue.  She had pulled her EXP and said hers was reporting fine and she couldn't imagine that there was a problem - it was the first she'd heard of it.  Told me to call the CRB's and get it corrected - silly CSR.
Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 368
Registered: ‎09-14-2009
0

Re: Macys

[ Edited ]

This goes for Bloomingdales as well. Sorry guys. :smileysad:


EQ Starting Score: 579 | TU Starting Score: 568
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 653
EQ Goal Score: 1000 | TU Goal Score: 1000


Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: Macys


beamMEup wrote:

ficonewbie01 wrote:

I called Macy's and per the customer rep, starting May they will no longer report the "guideline limit" to the CRA. This is due to the new credit law that was put in place a month ago.


Ugh.  That makes no sense - or all of our cc's would be required to report that way as well.  I think these CSR's are dancing as fast as they can.  When I called in yesterday, the CSR I spoke to was not aware of the reporting issue.  She had pulled her EXP and said hers was reporting fine and she couldn't imagine that there was a problem - it was the first she'd heard of it.  Told me to call the CRB's and get it corrected - silly CSR.

I also have to call bullfeces on blaming the "new credit law."

 

This also reminds me of Macy's attempts to circumvent the prohibition on double-cycle billing by eliminating the grace period and then giving rebates to those who paid before the payment due date.

 

It seems like Macy's is starting to show characteristics of sleaze.

IAALBNYL
New Contributor
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎04-21-2009
0

Re: Macys

[ Edited ]

I called them the day I noticed the change on my CR. The CSR said  it was a mistake and that they had other calls with the same issue. The CSR informed me that it would be corrected. If it is true and they are not going to report the credit limit then I will dump them. If there not reporting credit limits them there useless to me.


Starting Score: 730
Current Score: 708
Goal Score: 775


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


7/16/2009 (EX - 671)
8/16/09 (TU - 700, EQ 704, EX - don't care)
11/13/09 (TU - 730, EQ 718, EX - don't care) 3 - 90 day old new CC accounts :smileyhappy: 4 - Inquiries
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.