Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a wrong move with citi card

tag
physignathus
New Contributor

Made a wrong move with citi card

I asked for credit limit increased in 2 days ago. They declined my request because of not enough 6 months period since the last increase. Just found out they hard pull my experian. Wow I lost some point already, thought Citi would not pull credit report. I feel so regret by now. This move just knocks me put of garden for 9months. So anyone know if I can talk to the credit analyst about my case or not? Any comment is welcome.
EX: 704, EQ: 728, TU: 702. AAoA: 2.8 y
Amex Business Platinum: NPSL, Chase Riz 24k,Chase United Club 20k, Paypal MC 40k, Discover 22k, Citi Advantage 31.5k, Amex BCE 33k.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Made a wrong move with citi card

@physignathus wrote:
I asked for credit limit increased in 2 days ago. They declined my request because of not enough 6 months period since the last increase. Just found out they hard pull my experian. Wow I lost some point already, thought Citi would not pull credit report. I feel so regret by now. This move just knocks me put of garden for 9months. So anyone know if I can talk to the credit analyst about my case or not? Any comment is welcome.

Citi doesnt pull a CR if your accout has not been 6 months from past CLI request. I would double check. Call and ask Citi.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 4
physignathus
New Contributor

I called and the rep told me that they would send my request again and also they might pull my credit report one more time. I think it is time to close citi card.
EX: 704, EQ: 728, TU: 702. AAoA: 2.8 y
Amex Business Platinum: NPSL, Chase Riz 24k,Chase United Club 20k, Paypal MC 40k, Discover 22k, Citi Advantage 31.5k, Amex BCE 33k.
Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

@physignathus wrote:

I think it happened to some people on this forums as well. Longtimelurker is one of them, if I remember correctly.

Citi is one of the lenders that will pull HPs even when it's a pre-determined denial, such as due to blacklist. You can try calling customer service, then ask to be transfered to a credit analyst, and plead your case with them to remove the inquiry. If you are lucky, they may be willing to work with you. As a last recourse, try calling the executive office as well.

Other than that, you will have to stick with the hard inquiry, since it's legitimate.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.