cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made large cc payment to IRS using AMEX...how many days do I wait to make large payment to AMEX?

tag
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Re: Made large cc payment to IRS using AMEX...how many days do I wait to make large payment to AMEX?

OP utilization has no memory, so even if your scores are dinged for a month, once you pay it down and the your next statement reports to the cra's, your scores will recover. Unless you are in the process of applying for mortgage or such, it is nothing to sweat about. Pay it whenever it is more convenient for you.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 11 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Made large cc payment to IRS using AMEX...how many days do I wait to make large payment to AMEX?

@KSK1912 wrote:

OP utilization has no memory, so even if your scores are dinged for a month, once you pay it down and the your next statement reports to the cra's, your scores will recover. Unless you are in the process of applying for mortgage or such, it is nothing to sweat about. Pay it whenever it is more convenient for you.

+1 There is nothing to worry about just make sure to pay it by your due date to avoid any interest. The only exceptions to this are if you are planning other apps within the next month or two. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 14
PointLager
Established Contributor

Message 13 of 14
PointLager
Established Contributor

Push the payment from your bank if Amex won't allow you to initiate a payment from their end when your balance is zero. Just make sure your bank credits before/at your Amex statement close date b
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.