Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made my first goal

tag
Josh611
Regular Contributor

Made my first goal

Decided to buy my myfico score on the 8th and it was 685. I set a goal that I thought I could reach in a few months and today I updated it and it was 717!

Oldest open account is 7 months, newest is just now 4. My only two. I also got a CLI of the one by $300 that hasn't shown on my report yet. My credit history is as old as my oldest account so only 7 months. No loans yet. Will be taking out a $3k federal loam that I will be making monthly payments on in the fall.

current limits are $701, and $400. One cap one secured card and a Kohls charge. Kohls is the $400 limit and newer card. 100% payment history and only have the secured card reporting a $12 balance

ith a 717 score, 7 inq and a <10% util, but only -$12k income, what card do you guys think I could be approved for next month after my CLI hits?

I'm also added as an AU on a 10 year old BoA card with a 5k limit

I only have 4 inq on my Experian report so if there is anyone who strictly pulled them that would be great.

thinking about getting the discover it for students

thanks in advance

Josh

Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Made my first goal

@Josh611 wrote:

Decided to buy my myfico score on the 8th and it was 685. I set a goal that I thought I could reach in a few months and today I updated it and it was 717!

Oldest open account is 7 months, newest is just now 4. My only two. I also got a CLI of the one by $300 that hasn't shown on my report yet. My credit history is as old as my oldest account so only 7 months. No loans yet. Will be taking out a $3k federal loam that I will be making monthly payments on in the fall.

ith a 717 score, 7 inq and a <10% util, but only -$12k income, what card do you guys think I could be approved for next month after my CLI hits?

I'm also added as an AU on a 10 year old BoA card with a 5k limit

I only have 4 inq on my Experian report so if there is anyone who strictly pulled them that would be great.

thinking about getting the discover it for students

thanks in advance

Josh

Congrats on your success Smiley Happy Yeah Discover is a great card

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 7
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Discover is great as you mentioned and others as well as I would go for Chase after you have a 1 year old account, scores seem good for them. I would do the 2 apps at once with them. It might or might be 1 HP but they often times approve 2 cards at once.

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 3 of 7
Josh611
Regular Contributor

I think the next CC I get will be my last one for awhile. I like that discover gives you the free fico score too

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 4 of 7
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@Josh611 wrote:

I think the next CC I get will be my last one for awhile. I like that discover gives you the free fico score too

If you like free scores, I get my free scores through

Discover

NRA Visa (First Bank Card)

DCU

All 3 different agencies. Smiley Happy

Congratz, Btw.

Message 5 of 7
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Discover, Citi and Cap 1 all offer student cards. discover is the only one that has the free fico scoring. Cap I does offer a credit tracker but the score is a fako. I think you should be able to get approve for either one. Good luck and Congrtas!

Message 6 of 7
Josh611
Regular Contributor

@destine2grow wrote:
Discover, Citi and Cap 1 all offer student cards. discover is the only one that has the free fico scoring. Cap I does offer a credit tracker but the score is a fako. I think you should be able to get approve for either one. Good luck and Congrtas!

I was declined when I applied for the cap1 journey when I had 1 month of history. Discover also seems to give out bigger limits.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.