Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Credit card offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mail Credit card offers

@Anonymous wrote:

How do I get more credit card offers in the mail?

My oldest credit card is 4 months. My fico score has increased from 450 to 620. I am planning ahead when my 2 credit cards age more

Thanks,

Chris

I found in expanding my collection, that the more often I checked online for offers, the more they sent. Specifically Citibank.

What are your 2 cards that you have now?  Ideally for scoring reasons you would want to have 3.  Have you considered going for a card where you bank, hopefully a credit union that is more likely to be lenient based on relationship/income??

Also with only 2 cards, not knowing the limits, id make sure to have 1 card be at <20% of its limit and the other PIF by statement cut date.  May want to look at shared secure technique and other forms to optimize your scores. Of course time will help with that.

Dont use your debit card. If you have to make extra payments then do it. It will help your current limits grow.  Ask for APR reductions and AF removals if you pay them.

Amex may be a wise choice for your next card.  Once you hit 660+ you're about there....ive had friends/family with your scores get approved for CSP/freedom. Check for prequalified offers at chase often too.  BOA may be a little picky.  Slow and steady wins the race!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.