tvholic
Established Member

Re: Maintaining activity to avoid CLD

Batteries.  Everyone needs batteries.

Message 11 of 26
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone, for the helpful suggestions.  I really don't want to take the chance of ruining some salesperson's day by returning a big-ticket item that they just collected a commission on.

I suppose I'll just shop there occasionally for batteries or . . . . . something.  Too bad they don't sell "forever stamps".  But at my age, that probably wouldn't be a good investment either. 

Now if they just had a grocery section . . . . . . Smiley Wink

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may be a little bit more work than you'd like to do but I'll just throw it out there....you could buy something that's on sale and then sell it off down the line on ebay. 
Message 13 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I would just go about your daily business as usual. Worrying about the credit limit on a BB card ain't worth it. Do you need the 8K for utilization? Oldest account? 
Message 14 of 26
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
I would just go about your daily business as usual. Worrying about the credit limit on a BB card ain't worth it. Do you need the 8K for utilization? Oldest account? 

The BB card is one of my oldest.  I got it while rebuilding and have bought (first) a computer for the grandkids and (second) a big screen TV for me.  Both at zero % interest and paid off early.  So, they have been good to and for me with regular CLI's and free interest.  But my total CL's are over 60K now so the utilization wouldn't hurt that much. 

And your advice is sound.  Worrying about a BB credit limit is not productive.  But, in my dotage, I have time to worry about trivial things and manipulating the FICO monster has become sort of a hobby.  Especially since I don't plan to buy another house.  Maybe another car later on but that's about all.

I guess it's better than some hobbies . . . . Smiley Very Happy 

OH! and multimillionaire; buying something to sell on eBay is too much trouble and a crap shoot that you might get what you have invested back.  But thanks for the suggestion.

Message Edited by Itsmeagain on 07-09-2009 07:02 AM

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Buy the grandkids CD's things like that. 8K is pretty high for an electronics store card if you don't spend a lot of money there. Since it is one of your oldest I would make sure to use it for something every few months at least. They might CLD you anyway but at least they won't close the card down on you. I wouldn't worry about your other issuers taking AA because BB knocked you down to 1K or something.
Message 16 of 26
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Just so you know, Best Buy sales people are not on commission.
Message 17 of 26
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@athensguy wrote:

They sell some cleaning supplies/vacuum filters and stuff like that.
Message Edited by athensguy on 07-09-2009 07:35 PM
Message 18 of 26
MattH
Senior Contributor

@athensguy wrote:

@athensguy wrote:

They sell some cleaning supplies/vacuum filters and stuff like that.
Message Edited by athensguy on 07-09-2009 07:35 PM

Also they sell household appliances like washers, dryers, fridges, stoves, etc., though I've mostly bought computer stuff from them especially now that both CompUSA and Circuit City are dead.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 19 of 26
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

I have a BB card that's over a year old, and I haven't used it once. But they keep giving me CLIs when I ask. Smiley Very Happy

Batteries, that's a good choice. I need to buy something with this thing 'cause eventually they'll close me.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.