Maintaining activity to avoid CLD

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Maintaining activity to avoid CLD

@MattH wrote:

@athensguy wrote:

@athensguy wrote:
Just so you know, Best Buy sales people are not on commission.

They sell some cleaning supplies/vacuum filters and stuff like that.
Message Edited by athensguy on 07-09-2009 07:35 PM

Also they sell household appliances like washers, dryers, fridges, stoves, etc., though I've mostly bought computer stuff from them especially now that both CompUSA and Circuit City are dead.

Circuit City is BK, liquidated and gone. CompUSA lives on. Many stores have been closed, but my local store lives on. CompUSA is available on-line everywhere. They are closely related to TigerDirect now. (Both have retail stores in South Florida.) Both compusa.com and tigerdirect,com are merchants that offer a 5% cashback bonus through the ShopDiscover program.

Message 21 of 26
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

Look for someone in the store that's paying cash, or someone you know that might be shopping there soon.
TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 22 of 26
kyobakes
New Contributor

@Karatz wrote:
Look for someone in the store that's paying cash, or someone you know that might be shopping there soon.

I LOVE this idea!...and the way you think.

lol

Message 23 of 26
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Karatz wrote:

That's actually a very good idea.  Not lurking in the store looking for a cash customer but finding a friend who might be buying with cash soon.  I'll give that some thought . . . . maybe while I'm shopping for batteries . . . or filters . . . 

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 26
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't lurk in the store. I have heard some very odd stories about BB store management and their CC's. I would not engage in any suspicious activity in the store that could jeopardize your account. A friend on the other hand is something different altogether. Just remember there is no guarantee of a hassle free transaction. The item may need to be returned.
Message 25 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'll tell you what, if I were wandering up and down the aisles of BB, and some weirdo kept shuffling along behind me, peering over my shoulder, checking the price tags on what I was looking at, I'd be calling security PDQ! Smiley Very Happy

A friend who wants to buy something there and who will pay you instead of them; that's a sweet idea.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.