Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make suggestions for me please

tag
audia4
Established Contributor

Re: Make suggestions for me please

@09Lexie wrote:
Every Friday, we through a virtual party, we eat, drink and have a good time. myjourney is our host and its quite an affair. Just post in the garden thread and check back in this afternoon. The party usually starts around 3 EST. Smiley LOL

Sounds fun. I'll have to check it out. The only thing is, if this is on a Friday, I'm usually at work. Since I'm still a Nursing student, I go to school Mon & Tues and work the rest of the week at the hospital in the ER....I don't get off until midnight. Smiley Sad  So I'll probably miss "most" Friday night parties. Darn how I love a "good food" party. LOL

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 41 of 73
tornadoguy
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your sucesses audia4 and some really nice new cards.

What simi is referring to is an elevated status on the Chase credit card. When the CL exceeds $5000 you can ask Chase to upgrade your card to a Visa signature, has a few more perks (designed to compete with the AMEX benefits). Its not another card, but just a slightly different freedom, with signature written below the Visa (the equivalent for mastercards is world mastercard). Usually it also means that they are a little more forgiving around spending above the card 'limit' provided you pay it back in short order, but I am sure someone else can clarify this.

Further details here:

https://usa.visa.com/visasignature/index.jsp

CK TU FAKO - 762, TU FICO - 781, EX Fako 734, EX FICO 764 - 3/29/2014
INQ: TU 4, EX 8, EQ 1 |
AMEX PRG (01/11), AMEX BCE (01/11): $2.5k, AMEX EDP (3/11): $6k Chase Freedom(07/13): $2k,
Barclay Arrival+ WMC (3/14): $6.3k, Barclays US Air MC (9/14): $2.5k, CSP (9/14): 12k
Message 42 of 73
audia4
Established Contributor

@tornadoguy wrote:

Congratulations on your sucesses audia4 and some really nice new cards.

What simi is referring to is an elevated status on the Chase credit card. When the CL exceeds $5000 you can ask Chase to upgrade your card to a Visa signature, has a few more perks (designed to compete with the AMEX benefits). Its not another card, but just a slightly different freedom, with signature written below the Visa (the equivalent for mastercards is world mastercard). Usually it also means that they are a little more forgiving around spending above the card 'limit' provided you pay it back in short order, but I am sure someone else can clarify this.

Further details here:

https://usa.visa.com/visasignature/index.jsp

So then why didn't I just apply for that card instead? LOL  

So tell me how to go about this. When I get my Chase Freedom card, call them up and ask for the limit to be $5000. I assume (based on what everyone has said on these boards that I have read), they will ask me what I'm using the card for and why I need that amount correct? What am I suppose to tell them why I need the extra $500 limit on there?  I do know that they do a HP every time you ask for a credit increase, so obviously I want to start out good b/c I probably won't ask for any CLI for awhile since I just got 3 new cards this year. Do I even mention that I want the limit at $5k BECAUSE I'm looking to get the Visa Signature?

IF they give me the $5k limit, when and how do you ask for the Signature card? Am I understanding it right that it is still a Chase card but just an upgrade?

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 43 of 73
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

You can't apply directly for the signature. If you have over a $5k limit you can request to have the signature.

Yes 99% it will be a hard pull.

And I always say just be honest with them. Tell them about your $10k AMEX approval and that you want $5k so that you can get the signature version and have basically the same benefits of the AMEX. Make sure to tell them how you would rather use the Freedom but with the added benefits of the AMEX as it is they will get most of your business, but if Chase gave you the signature you would put most of your spend on that card.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 44 of 73
audia4
Established Contributor

@simi_go wrote:

You can't apply directly for the signature. If you have over a $5k limit you can request to have the signature.

Yes 99% it will be a hard pull.

And I always say just be honest with them. Tell them about your $10k AMEX approval and that you want $5k so that you can get the signature version and have basically the same benefits of the AMEX. Make sure to tell them how you would rather use the Freedom but with the added benefits of the AMEX as it is they will get most of your business, but if Chase gave you the signature you would put most of your spend on that card.

So at the time that I'm asking them for the $5k limit, I should also be telling them that I want it changed to the signature card as well? So if they approve this, do they just send out another card?

Message 45 of 73
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I would ask if you are eligible for a signature card. There are Freedom with less than $5k that are Siggy. Keep in mind, even if they increase your CL to $5k, doesn't mean you will get a Signature card. Why take a HP for no reason?
Message 46 of 73
audia4
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I would ask if you are eligible for a signature card. There are Freedom with less than $5k that are Siggy. Keep in mind, even if they increase your CL to $5k, doesn't mean you will get a Signature card. Why take a HP for no reason?

Would it actually be another HP if they have just pulled it and they can see what's on it already?

Message 47 of 73
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you are asking if you are eligible, they should be able to see that but unless your cr has changed since you applied it may not do you any good.
Understand that having a $5k CLI is not a guarantee of the signature status. Based on your profile, I don't see why you wouldn't be eligible .
Message 48 of 73
audia4
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
If you are asking if you are eligible, they should be able to see that but unless your cr has changed since you applied it may not do you any good.
Understand that having a $5k CLI is not a guarantee of the signature status. Based on your profile, I don't see why you wouldn't be eligible .

So instead of actually asking for a $5k limit, I should just call them and ask if I can get a sig card instead.

Message 49 of 73
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes. Ask if it would require a HP, if it does then you might as well ask for a CLI.
Message 50 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.