Did you mean: 

Make suggestions for me please

tag
audia4
Established Contributor

Re: Make suggestions for me please

@myjourney wrote:

@audia4 wrote:

Ok, so I learned (at least with me) that they aren't willing to do much. His reply was "well whatever they gave you at the time of approval was what they were willing to offer you." 

Then I ask him about the "scoring" system (which of course we already know is an internal thing) and I played dumb and said "I know I don't have a score of 741 and that it's actually 810 with the creditor you pulled from" and he kind of shrugged it off saying "I'm not sure how they score and it might be an internal scoring system."  hahaha um ok. 

So then I gave him the reason about wanting a card similar to the American Express that I had blah blah blah...and of course he tells me that it's basically the same thing other than the Preferred gives the VISA benefits and upgrades. Um yea, that's what I'm talking about. He did confirm that you "had" to have a $5000 CL to get that card (which others have stated that's not necessarily true) and then proceeded to tell me how my limit was only $4500, so I didn't qualify. Why do you think I was calling? hello? 

Either I had an idiot or he just wasn't willing to do anything. He did state "I don't have the ability to do anything and what they approved you for is what they felt they could give you".  Ok whatever, I'll take my 810 score and use your card for gas purchases only and get my 5% and continue with my original thought of using Amex as my primary card thank you very much for your help Mr Chase.

You have me on the floor rolling....you know more than he does (Mr Chase)

You don't know how badly I wanted to "set him straight" about a few things. But oh well. I'm fine with it. Not a big deal to me. Maybe next time. We'll see how it goes with Chase. Meet you in the garden with our weapons put away journey.

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 71 of 73
audia4
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Well, now you 'know'. Even with a $5k CL, the card may not have been a Siggy. Maybe once your Amex has reported for 4-6 mos, you can try again.

No worries Lexie. I'm good with it and no itches tonight. Just wanted to try out what might be a freebie upgrade. (Hey, did Journey come and get you or what??? Calling all his back up I see).   I'm grabbing my shovel and headed out to finish off that 2nd side of my fence tonight.

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 72 of 73
myjourney
Super Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@audia4 wrote:

Ok, so I learned (at least with me) that they aren't willing to do much. His reply was "well whatever they gave you at the time of approval was what they were willing to offer you." 

Then I ask him about the "scoring" system (which of course we already know is an internal thing) and I played dumb and said "I know I don't have a score of 741 and that it's actually 810 with the creditor you pulled from" and he kind of shrugged it off saying "I'm not sure how they score and it might be an internal scoring system."  hahaha um ok. 

So then I gave him the reason about wanting a card similar to the American Express that I had blah blah blah...and of course he tells me that it's basically the same thing other than the Preferred gives the VISA benefits and upgrades. Um yea, that's what I'm talking about. He did confirm that you "had" to have a $5000 CL to get that card (which others have stated that's not necessarily true) and then proceeded to tell me how my limit was only $4500, so I didn't qualify. Why do you think I was calling? hello? 

Either I had an idiot or he just wasn't willing to do anything. He did state "I don't have the ability to do anything and what they approved you for is what they felt they could give you".  Ok whatever, I'll take my 810 score and use your card for gas purchases only and get my 5% and continue with my original thought of using Amex as my primary card thank you very much for your help Mr Chase.

You have me on the floor rolling....you know more than he does (Mr Chase)

You don't know how badly I wanted to "set him straight" about a few things. But oh well. I'm fine with it. Not a big deal to me. Maybe next time. We'll see how it goes with Chase. Meet you in the garden with our weapons put away journey.

Deal drinks on me 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 73 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.