Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Sure a SP and Which CRA Pulled from

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Making Sure a SP and Which CRA Pulled from

@John060675 wrote:
Coldnmn, just saw your message. Thank you, that gives me a great start.

Your welcome.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 20
John060675
Valued Contributor

I just called American Express, and they gave me the 7 to 10 days message for the Delta SkyMiles credit card application.I have the Optima card, so I was even surprised they allowed me to try for a new card.

I suppose I should call back and ask for a credit line increase to. I do not think that would hurt. Any thoughts?

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 20
John060675
Valued Contributor

Amex was a big fat decline. Will see if it was a HP or SP.

Sent my email to EO at Cap 1 and waiting for a reply.

Will try CLI from WF tomorrow. Only can take one rejection per day. :-)

Message 13 of 20
seanny
Valued Member

Your scores are nowhere near acceptable for AMEX. Doing a little research on this site in advance would have saved you the HP.  I would not go near AMEX with a EQ score under 680 (and no recent bankruptcies).

Ch13 filed 3/30/2012 discharged 5-4-2017 | FICOs: EQ-08 684 0hps, EX-08 674 2hps, TU-08 668 1hp | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday $15,000 | Barclay Rewards $2,800 | BOA Cash Rewards $5,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2,000 | Discover IT $10,800
Message 14 of 20
John060675
Valued Contributor

Seanny, you are correct that my scores are too low. I was just hoping 648 EX was going to get by since I have been a perfect AMEX customer for the past 3 years.  Of well.  Interestingly my Delta application shows canceled,  not declined. I have never heard of this before. 

Message 15 of 20
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@John060675 wrote:

Seanny, you are correct that my scores are too low. I was just hoping 648 EX was going to get by since I have been a perfect AMEX customer for the past 3 years.  Of well.  Interestingly my Delta application shows canceled,  not declined. I have never heard of this before. 

If you're a current Amex customer, your card application if denied is a SP, and only a HP if approved.  This means you can apply for credit and if denied, won't hurt your credit score.  I'm pretty sure this is what you're experiencing.

Message 16 of 20
John060675
Valued Contributor

I sent an email last night to Capital One EO office and I heard from them today. They checked for a credit line increase and a product change and they said it would have to be manually reviewed.that sounds like it's going to be a decline also. I will find out by Monday though. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Message 17 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@John060675 wrote:

I sent an email last night to Capital One EO office and I heard from them today. They checked for a credit line increase and a product change and they said it would have to be manually reviewed.that sounds like it's going to be a decline also. I will find out by Monday though. Keeping my fingers crossed.

All CLI's through the EO are sent for manual review.  It may be approved. 

Message 18 of 20
John060675
Valued Contributor

Just a quick update:

I have been in contact with the Capital One EO on a couple occassions, and they have been very nice.  They could not help me yet, since I have an extended fraud alert on my reports.  The Cap 1 EO needed to call me at the phone number listed on the extended fraud alert, which I no longer have.  So, I am in the process of updating the information with the CRAs.  Of course I have to do this in writing, so this will take a week or so to get changed.  Then I hope to get a nice CLI with Cap 1.

Concerning the AMEX, I decided to go through a reconsideration with them.  I noticed that they used information from a SP from last month, when my utilization was a lot higher.  I faxed in my Experian CR with a letter explaining my situation.  I called them today, and they said they received it and it is being reviewed.  They said this process can take up to 5 days.

A lot of work, but I am hoping it will pay off.  Happy New Year to everyone.

Message 19 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Best of luck OP and hope it's a good outcome.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.