Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a BOA payment on the day before statement closes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making a BOA payment on the day before statement closes

If I make a payment to my BOA card using BOA online system before 3:30 EST on the day before the statement closing date, will the payment decrease my outstanding balance in time before BOA reports to the CRAs?

I want to decrease my utilization before BOA reports to the bureaus for this cycle.

A different question I have is: do purchases that are still listed as pending at the end of the day before the statement closing date get counted towards the balance that gets reported to the CRAs?

Would if the purchases change from pending status to finalized transactions on the statement closing date? Are they  counted towards the balance that gets reported to the CRAs?

Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 02-19-2009 07:52 AM
Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 02-19-2009 07:53 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: Making a BOA payment on the day before statement closes

Not sure about your first question. I guess I would assume that since you paid on BofA site that the payment might go through that day. If not, and you really need to get you utilization down this month, you could a ask them to do an intercycle update to the CRAs.
Pending charges are not reported to the CRAs. If an pending charge is finalized on the statement closing date it will appear on your statement and will be included in the report to the CRA.  

@Anonymous wrote:

If I make a payment to my BOA card using BOA online system before 3:30 EST on the day before the statement closing date, will the payment decrease my outstanding balance in time before BOA reports to the CRAs?

I want to decrease my utilization before BOA reports to the bureaus for this cycle.

A different question I have is: do purchases that are still listed as pending at the end of the day before the statement closing date get counted towards the balance that gets reported to the CRAs?

Would if the purchases change from pending status to finalized transactions on the statement closing date? Are they  counted towards the balance that gets reported to the CRAs?

Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 02-19-2009 07:52 AM
Message Edited by urgent_help_needed on 02-19-2009 07:53 AM

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never knew you could request an intracycle CRA update.  Does BOA always allow this?  I worry that it could make me look desperate to BOA, and these days you don't want to look desperate as it could trigger an AA.
Message 3 of 4
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

I do not know about BofA specifically but some ccc will do an intercycle update for good customers. You will likely have to give them a reason. I assume you have a good reason for wanting to do this (Home purchase etc).

Cheers 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.