Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a Chase payment prior to transaction posting on 0 balance account

tag
plasectomy
New Contributor

Making a Chase payment prior to transaction posting on 0 balance account

Anyone have success in making a payment with 0 balance, prior to a transaction posting on a Chase credit card? I noticed that I can overpay if I have any balance on the card, but their online system and tellers won't take your cash on a 0 balance account. Sounds silly to me.

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Making a Chase payment prior to transaction posting on 0 balance account

Never been able to do it with a 0 balance. If I have a balance, I can make a payment with a certain percentage over, but I forget the amount.. It's usually better to do a push payment from your bank if you want to make sure to have a zero balance with chase in a short amount of time.
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Push the payment from your bank.  Chase isn't the only lender that will not accept payments which exceed your posted balance. 

Message 3 of 7
plasectomy
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I'll look into it for future "pay before it cuts" payments

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Message 4 of 7
RnJ
Contributor

I've done it with something just purchased and barely pending, payments are always pushed from my bank.

Discover on the other hand, kept the same over-credit amount on my account for six months until they were finally tired of it and sent my statement minus the credit Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

If you don't push and have a balance, the limit is 10% more than your balance.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 6 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Push the payment from your bank.  Chase isn't the only lender that will not accept payments which exceed your posted balance. 

+1.

Push the payment from your own bank.

Or you can head to a Chase branch and make the payment in person. I've overpaid my current balances in branches before and they didn't seem to care at all.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.