Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making multiple payments causes 7 day hold

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Making multiple payments causes 7 day hold

I pretty much shoot them payment soon as a charge posts and haven't had any issues. 

FWIW, payments don't post very quickly to my USAA Amex.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Speaking of this subjuct I just made a payment to my CrapOne card and they wanted to hold it for 6 days Smiley Mad

No sir...............pls. make my funds available immediately, thanks!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the nice things I like about AmEx is, when I make a payment on one of my revolvers with them online, they credit it to your account immediately,

My CL on my BCP is 12400, and if I had charged 2000, my avail credit would be 10400, and when I make the 2000 payment online and go back to the Accounts page, it will instantly show my avail credit of 12,400 5 seconds after making the payment. I just like that, it's like a good faith gesture on AmEx's part.

My PayPal SC card is the same way, as soon as I hit the submit payment tab, I can check my spending power and it is right back at the full CL.

All the rest of my CC's pretty much take 24-48 hours to post the payment to my acct and restore the full CL.

Message 13 of 32
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One of the nice things I like about AmEx is, when I make a payment on one of my revolvers with them online, they credit it to your account immediately,

I love that feature. I make a payment in full and my BCE shows $4000 immediately. Heck they even let me make a payment on pending items.

Message 14 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My CL on my BCP is 12400, and if I had charged 2000, my avail credit would be 10400, and when I make the 2000 payment online and go back to the Accounts page, it will instantly show my avail credit of 12,400 5 seconds after making the payment. I just like that, it's like a good faith gesture on AmEx's part.

My PayPal SC card is the same way, as soon as I hit the submit payment tab, I can check my spending power and it is right back at the full CL.

All the rest of my CC's pretty much take 24-48 hours to post the payment to my acct and restore the full CL.

Thats pretty awesome!! Well i'm sure they do that in part because most know not to burn AMEX.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 32
CS800
Super Contributor

I dont think that initially it was like that, AMEX tends to learn your habits and let you loose.

Message 16 of 32
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

LS I get the same from them they held my payment a week with no end in sight until I called they are banished to my sd and eventual closing
FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I love that feature. I make a payment in full and my BCE shows $4000 immediately. Heck they even let me make a payment on pending items.

Yes, I LOVE that feature too, Good point CS.

Message 18 of 32
tcbofade
Super Contributor

In my experience, different credit card companies have different policies here.

I know that with HSBC / Orchard, if you make more than one payment within seven days, it'll trigger a hold on funds.  If you make payments exactly seven days apart, there's no hold.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 19 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@LilloEsquilo wrote:
LS I get the same from them they held my payment a week with no end in sight until I called they are banished to my sd and eventual closing

When they do that, call this number 1-800-707-0489 (Sr. Acct. Escalations) give them the bizness about it and they'll release it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.