Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making plans for 6 month CLI's for March 2013

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Making plans for 6 month CLI's for March 2013

2012 has definately been my year - getting approved for things I've never been approved for ever (my fault of course).  So now I'm in the Prime CC and 700 Club Smiley Tongue I want to plan out my next set of CLI's at the 6 month mark using this forums vast knowledge and experience.  I've already been successful with an AMEX BCE 61 day 3x CLI, so now I'm curious how that works for my other cards.

How much of a CLI should I ask for?  Which ones are hard pulls? Which ones are soft pulls?  Do some cards require more than 6 months after activation? Here are cards up for a 6 month CLI:

Chase Freedom (I plan on a CSP in the fall of 2013, so perhaps a CLI of $2500, bringing me to $7500?)

Discover It  (obviously with a $10k limit now, I don't they'd do a 3x!, so I'm thinking maybe $15k?)

Also, when do I do the AMEX BCE CLI?  Like I said, the 3x CLI at 61 days worked out, but do I count the 6 months from date of activation, or from the last CLI?

My calendar is ready to be marked...

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Making plans for 6 month CLI's for March 2013

I usually always ask for double my current limit for my credit lines, asking once a year.

For Chase, you can go for a little more, maybe round it out to $10k? They are more than likely a hard pull and you have to call it in.

Discover after 6 months is more than likely to be a soft pull, but i have heard of hard pulls happening. Go for 20k if you like! But 15k would be the safer bet. Usually they'll warn you if a hard pull is needed.

AMEX BCE CLI is 6 months AFTER the 61 day CLI. And don't forget it!

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Making plans for 6 month CLI's for March 2013

Ya, I think I'll shoot for $15k on the Discover.  I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I had a $20k credit line.  But some of you are used to that...

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.