New Contributor
Dreamwalker

Re: Making the best of Discover It mishap?

Wooh. All the replies

So, I have a Chase College Checking account already, which I used for DD for about six months before I moved back home and got DD at my CU again. You're saying I should keep it open to get a better shot at the Freedom card? My local credit union doesn't offer a credit card. They do offer mortages, auto loans, personal loans, and personal lines of credit. That last option kind of interests me, but I don't plan on living in Washington state for much longer (either transferring to another college or graduating). It's hard to say that the work would be worth it for something I wouldn't get to keep.

My parents have a pretty terrible track record with finances (going through their 2nd bankruptcy whenever their forebearance runs out), with that in mind, I think I can do it better on my own. Good ideas, all.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
New Contributor
rustystick

Dreamwalker wrote:

Wooh. All the replies

So, I have a Chase College Checking account already, which I used for DD for about six months before I moved back home and got DD at my CU again. You're saying I should keep it open to get a better shot at the Freedom card? My local credit union doesn't offer a credit card. They do offer mortages, auto loans, personal loans, and personal lines of credit. That last option kind of interests me, but I don't plan on living in Washington state for much longer (either transferring to another college or graduating). It's hard to say that the work would be worth it for something I wouldn't get to keep.

My parents have a pretty terrible track record with finances (going through their 2nd bankruptcy whenever their forebearance runs out), with that in mind, I think I can do it better on my own. Good ideas, all.

Keep it open and leave some monies in there.. no need for direct deposit but just keep some $$ there..

It will help your chances with freedom as chase does look at your relationship with them.

CSP 10k 0 Discover It 7.8k AmazonVisa 3k Freedom 1500 US Bank Cash Rewards 1500 BofA123 3300 SallieMae 3800
New Contributor
Dreamwalker

Got It! Fancy packaging. They even sent me the non-student version (balance transfers at 11.99%, regular APR 16.99%, an improvement from my secured card's 23.99%).

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}