Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage on Time Payment on Credit Cards

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Manage on Time Payment on Credit Cards

Guys,

As the number of cards you have increases, how do you all manage to keep track of it and pay them on time?

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Manage on Time Payment on Credit Cards

@newUser0 wrote:

Guys,

As the number of cards you have increases, how do you all manage to keep track of it and pay them on time?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 57
user5387
Valued Contributor

Lots of possible answers to this.

I make a monthly checklist of all obligations, and check items off the list as the month progresses.

Message 3 of 57
notfancy
Valued Contributor

I'll choose one or two to use and then go home, log on and pay it off. Or use it on line, then pay it the next day or so.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 4 of 57
newUser0
Established Contributor

All my payements are paid in FULL till now. I don't know, I some what have a fear that if the Auto Payment of too many cards might get confused and might miss a Payment.

Did any one had a bad experience/ missed payments while using the  auto payment?

Message 5 of 57
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Everyone has different methods.  For the number of TLs I have, I use my own DB to manage them as it provides me with all the required information for all of them.  Then again I'm used to PIF or using CCs as debit cards.

Message 6 of 57
user5387
Valued Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

All my payements are paid in FULL till now. I don't know, I some what have a fear that if the Auto Payment of too many cards might get confused and might miss a Payment.

Did any one had a bad experience/ missed payments while using the  auto payment?

When I pay a CC, I always double-check that it's been paid.

Setting up a scheme like auto-pay, and doing nothing else, can burn you if the scheme fails for any reason.

Message 7 of 57
newUser0
Established Contributor

Wow.. Such a good idea to use.

I am going to design a my own App in  C# with SQL database right now .

Appreciate your thoughts :-)

Message 8 of 57
Stralem
Established Contributor

With only 5 accounts, I just straight memorized each of their due dates. It's worked for me so far. Not a single late payment.

But of course I have auto pay turned on for all of them just in case.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 9 of 57
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Same here. With only 5 accounts I could tell you the due dates and statement dates for each account off the top of my head. The day the statements cut, I schedule the statement balance a couple days before the due date then I will check later to make sure it went through.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.