Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage on Time Payment on Credit Cards

tag
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: Manage on Time Payment on Credit Cards

I use a program called Check. It lets me know when payments are due several weeks in advance.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 11 of 57
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

I have a dry erase board in my office and in the bottom right corner I list all my bills and obligations with due date and amount owed, starting with earliest due.  Then I erase each one as it gets paid.  Serves 2 purposes, I can keep track of everything I have to pay + sense of accomplishment as I erase them.  I learned this from my DW that makes lists for all of her tasks.  

Message 12 of 57
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

This is a miniaturized version of part of the spreadsheet that I created to keep track of this kind of stuff:

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 57
tryingagain62
Contributor

I have 21 CC accounts. I have preprinted speadsheets that have user id and passwords plus a line for balance and payments. I spend an hour or so every weekend, while in front of the tv, logging in to each account checking balances and making payments as needed. It's a hobby, LOL!

Message 14 of 57
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Credit Karma also will link your accounts and send you emails when they're due. The credit companies themselves will also be able to do the same (the ones I have do) if you sign up for it. I think you can sign up for all kinds of alerts that way. My bank will also notify me as well through  Bill Pay. I have lots of back up systems just to make sure I don't miss any thing. A nice desk calendar helps as well.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 15 of 57
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DaveSignal wrote:

This is a miniaturized version of part of the spreadsheet that I created to keep track of this kind of stuff:

Amazing!  Very much or similar to some of the info as on my DB including the rewards section.  I thought I was the only nerd with something like this.  Nice!

Message 16 of 57
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

Amazing!  Very much or similar to some of the info as on my DB including the rewards section.  I thought I was the only nerd with something like this.  Nice!

That is awesome. When I get more accounts to worry about, I'll have to find you and sweet talk you into sending me a blank version of this.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 17 of 57
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I do several things:

1. I have a sticker that says "Statement Cut: DAY OF MONTH" on the back of all of my cards to help me remember when the statement closes.

2. I use Manilla. It's an app that lets you manage all of your bills and see statements from their app/website.

3. I also use CK to help remind me when to pay.

4. I set up auto pay for the minimum payment in case I forget to pay a CC for whatever reason (This is my backup: I PIF all of my cards except for the Ring, and that I pay  significantly more than the minimum.)

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 18 of 57
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

There are a few users on here who have this sort of thing, just maybe not quite as intricate.  We (myFICO forum members) are all a bit more carried-away than most people with credit cards and FICO scores!  I am a computer science major.  I know mySQL and PHP also, so could have done it that way, especially if I wanted to generate reports or triggered email alerts, but in this case a spreadsheet is most appropriate for me, considering how I use it.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 19 of 57
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DaveSignal wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

There are a few users on here who have this sort of thing, just maybe not quite as intricate.  We (myFICO forum members) are all a bit more carried-away than most people with credit cards and FICO scores!  I am a computer science major.  I know mySQL and PHP also, so could have done it that way, especially if I wanted to generate reports or triggered email alerts, but in this case a spreadsheet is most appropriate for me, considering how I use it.

+1

You think!?  LOL.

Very commendable indeed.  I always like to see whether other members have something similar (or as intricate/detailed) that provides measurable metrics and tracks overall performance (scores, balances/utilization, rewards, AAoA/history, etc.).

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.