Contributor
Peteyglad

Re: Manage on Time Payment on Credit Cards

I use a program called Check. It lets me know when payments are due several weeks in advance.

Barclaycard Sallie Mae 5k | Citi Forward 6.4k | Discover It 8.8k | US Bank REI 9.5k | US Bank Cash+ 9.5k | Lowes 10k | BOA Better Balance Rewards 10k | Fidelity AMEX 11.1k | AMEX BCP 18.3k | Chase Ritz-Carlton 24.5k
Frequent Contributor
ForMyBiz

I have a dry erase board in my office and in the bottom right corner I list all my bills and obligations with due date and amount owed, starting with earliest due.  Then I erase each one as it gets paid.  Serves 2 purposes, I can keep track of everything I have to pay + sense of accomplishment as I erase them.  I learned this from my DW that makes lists for all of her tasks.  

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

This is a miniaturized version of part of the spreadsheet that I created to keep track of this kind of stuff:

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:709
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Contributor
tryingagain62

I have 21 CC accounts. I have preprinted speadsheets that have user id and passwords plus a line for balance and payments. I spend an hour or so every weekend, while in front of the tv, logging in to each account checking balances and making payments as needed. It's a hobby, LOL!

Valued Contributor
notfancy

Credit Karma also will link your accounts and send you emails when they're due. The credit companies themselves will also be able to do the same (the ones I have do) if you sign up for it. I think you can sign up for all kinds of alerts that way. My bank will also notify me as well through  Bill Pay. I have lots of back up systems just to make sure I don't miss any thing. A nice desk calendar helps as well.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Valued Contributor
FinStar

DaveSignal wrote:

This is a miniaturized version of part of the spreadsheet that I created to keep track of this kind of stuff:

Amazing!  Very much or similar to some of the info as on my DB including the rewards section.  I thought I was the only nerd with something like this.  Nice!

Valued Contributor
notfancy

FinStar wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

Amazing!  Very much or similar to some of the info as on my DB including the rewards section.  I thought I was the only nerd with something like this.  Nice!

That is awesome. When I get more accounts to worry about, I'll have to find you and sweet talk you into sending me a blank version of this.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Established Contributor
chwebb1

I do several things:

1. I have a sticker that says "Statement Cut: DAY OF MONTH" on the back of all of my cards to help me remember when the statement closes.

2. I use Manilla. It's an app that lets you manage all of your bills and see statements from their app/website.

3. I also use CK to help remind me when to pay.

4. I set up auto pay for the minimum payment in case I forget to pay a CC for whatever reason (This is my backup: I PIF all of my cards except for the Ring, and that I pay  significantly more than the minimum.)

photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo ScreenShot2013-10-12at111542PM.png photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo 8BEB_SIGNATURE_VISA_CASH_REWARDS_190x124.jpg photo HNY2HNY2.png photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png photo SLM2SLM2.png
$5000 ............ $4300 ............ $4000 ............ $2750 ............ $2500 ............ $1000 ............ $1000 ............ $1000
In the Garden until at least January 2015 (hopefully).
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

[ Edited ]

FinStar wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

There are a few users on here who have this sort of thing, just maybe not quite as intricate.  We (myFICO forum members) are all a bit more carried-away than most people with credit cards and FICO scores!  I am a computer science major.  I know mySQL and PHP also, so could have done it that way, especially if I wanted to generate reports or triggered email alerts, but in this case a spreadsheet is most appropriate for me, considering how I use it.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:709
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Valued Contributor
FinStar

DaveSignal wrote:

FinStar wrote:

DaveSignal wrote:

There are a few users on here who have this sort of thing, just maybe not quite as intricate.  We (myFICO forum members) are all a bit more carried-away than most people with credit cards and FICO scores!  I am a computer science major.  I know mySQL and PHP also, so could have done it that way, especially if I wanted to generate reports or triggered email alerts, but in this case a spreadsheet is most appropriate for me, considering how I use it.

+1

You think!?  LOL.

Very commendable indeed.  I always like to see whether other members have something similar (or as intricate/detailed) that provides measurable metrics and tracks overall performance (scores, balances/utilization, rewards, AAoA/history, etc.).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+