Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing closing dates when rotating CCs

tag
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Managing closing dates when rotating CCs

So i have two CCs and i was planing on charging about $150 a month on them. Everything else will go on the gold card. How do you guys with many credit cards manage the closing dates? Is this rotating stragety a good one? I would like to get the biggest CLIs that I can when the time comes. My goal is to only have on cc report every month along with the charge card.

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Managing closing dates when rotating CCs

I use the calendar on my phone, and CK as a backup reminder.

Message 2 of 10
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

I use the calendar on my phone, and CK as a backup reminder.

How do you use CK like this? I was also thinking about making it so all the cards close on the same date.

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Message 3 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

When you sign in, and see the envelope on the upper left of screen, click on it, and then you'll have a whole different screen showing, but the important item is the calendar on the far right, which shows your "expect report on date" for each card you have listed on TU.

Message 4 of 10
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I set up auto pay in full to all my cards and leave it alone. I am not dealing with any extras...

Message 5 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

...and which is more important? The BCE 3x61, or the internal limit increase on the charge card?

Message 6 of 10
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

...and which is more important? The BCE 3x61, or the internal limit increase on the charge card?

3x61 By far. the spending ability button shows that there internal limit for me is fine... for now

Message 7 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

3x61 By far. the spending ability button shows that there internal limit for me is fine... for now

Then you know which card to use most frequently.

Message 8 of 10
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

Then you know which card to use most frequently.

Its not a matter of frequently. i just want to make sure i only have ONE card reporting usage each month.

Message 9 of 10
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Don't stress out about making it happen. Technically, it's unnatural to have peak scores, unless you're seeking more credit soon. Usage, and timely payments are your best actions now.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.