Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing multiple cards

tag
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: Managing multiple cards

Mint + I use and excel spread sheet for all my bills.

When I decide I have a card that absolutely serves no purpose, I choose  a date for when I'll let it go. Currently Discover is on the chopping block list.  I'm in the garden until 6/2016 and I'll make a decision on Discover before I leave the garden.  I currently keep it for the free TU FICO score so I have to decide if that's a good enough reason to keep it.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I just log in often. I don't have so many that it's too hard to remember what's what. I would like to pare down to 4 cards eventually.

I tried Mint, but couldn't get into it. I got annoyed with the constant notifications, and found it more annoying than helpful, though if you have 10 or 15 or 20 accounts I can see the value.

Message 12 of 29
AintYouADaisy
New Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Pretty easy. Mint, BillGuard and obbsesive log ins...

+1

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I just log in often. I don't have so many that it's too hard to remember what's what. I would like to pare down to 4 cards eventually.

I tried Mint, but couldn't get into it. I got annoyed with the constant notifications, and found it more annoying than helpful, though if you have 10 or 15 or 20 accounts I can see the value.

You know you can turn the notifications off right? Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Obsessive logins, maybe add Mint to the mix later.  I have yet to see a service that allows Synchrony bank cards to be checked (or any store cards).  

As of right now I only have four, but they'll be more in the future. 

prism does and its getting better every day

https://www.prismmoney.com/

prism2.png

Message 15 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, I know you can turn off the notifications; meh, I just didn't really need Mint with the amount of accounts I have. With more it would be different. I also am not using all of them at any given time - my spending isn't very much. I may only have one small charge per month on my BCE, for example. 

Message 16 of 29
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Don't need Mint. Spreadsheets, auto text messages, regular banking relationship, all the log ins in one folder to just go down the list,etc.

Don't yet understand the trust for a third party company to handle your log in information. If there's a breach, don't think the CCC will have your back with Mint access. JMHO.
Signature needs updating
Message 17 of 29
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@elim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Obsessive logins, maybe add Mint to the mix later.  I have yet to see a service that allows Synchrony bank cards to be checked (or any store cards).  

prism2.png

Mobilligy?  Looks that the only lack is access via PC. ... I hate nothing more than set up with mobile app as I hate typing on these little devices.  Wallaby and Mint are easier for me to handle as you can set up from PC and then login with mobile app. Also I manage my accounts by setting up alerts directly from the accounts so bill reminders are coming in.

Message 18 of 29
elim
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@elim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

prism2.png

Mobilligy?  Looks that the only lack is access via PC. ... I hate nothing more than set up with mobile app as I hate typing on these little devices.  Wallaby and Mint are easier for me to handle as you can set up from PC and then login with mobile app. Also I manage my accounts by setting up alerts directly from the accounts so bill reminders are coming in.

That screen shot is from my win8 PC, I use tablet, phone and PC to manage accounts and pay bills with prism. 

Message 19 of 29
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Thanks.  Win7 PC does not work but I did set up my accounts partially with iPad. To use bill pay you need to enter the full card details.. wonder how safe that is? But it looks very promising otherwise Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.