cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual request for CCC's Credit Report update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Manual request for CCC's Credit Report update?

Hello everyone,

I have been gardening for about a few months now and am looking to get my foot in the door with Amex, preferably a BCE or BCP. I previously had a utilization rate of 102% Smiley Very Happy. After a few weeks of saving some money I managed to bring that down to about 10%.

So, I decided to actually enroll in Discover's credit score tracker, to watch when my new utilization drops. After a few weeks I didn't see any change. Then on Monday I decided to call Discover and ask if it was possible to actually send a request for a credit report update. To my amazement the agent said that it would be possible and I decided to go for it. I even went as far as to ask how often an individual can request an update. It turns out that an individual can request one every 60 days, as long as they are in good standing with the CCC.

So.... I was wondering if this was a "Discover" thing? And, if one has had any experience they would like to share that would be great.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Manual request for CCC's Credit Report update?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have been gardening for about a few months now and am looking to get my foot in the door with Amex, preferably a BCE or BCP. I previously had a utilization rate of 102% Smiley Very Happy. After a few weeks of saving some money I managed to bring that down to about 10%.

So, I decided to actually enroll in Discover's credit score tracker, to watch when my new utilization drops. After a few weeks I didn't see any change. Then on Monday I decided to call Discover and ask if it was possible to actually send a request for a credit report update. To my amazement the agent said that it would be possible and I decided to go for it. I even went as far as to ask how often an individual can request an update. It turns out that an individual can request one every 60 days, as long as they are in good standing with the CCC.

So.... I was wondering if this was a "Discover" thing? And, if one has had any experience they would like to share that would be great.

i asked citi to report when i did a BT and they would notSmiley Mad

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dalebb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

i asked citi to report when i did a BT and they would notSmiley Mad

LOL, looks like I will be staying away from Citi Smiley Wink.

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

It will vary with the creditor's policy for updating.   Many CC will only update once a month at their usual time....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

bank of america wouldn't do it for me, & neither would kay jeweler's.

Message 5 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

When I've asked my CCCs about it, they will only send once a month, usually after the stmt cuts. I've never heard of a cc doing that. Maybe it's because you have that service thru Discover.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.