Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many Soft Pulls? What does it mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many Soft Pulls? What does it mean?

So i see that American express had been soft pulling my credit file every month for the last 6 months. I had an account with them in the past but they canceled it. what do the consecutively pulls mean? I'm just curious 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Many Soft Pulls? What does it mean?

It means they are checking your credit profile, potentially to offer you a credit product as a preapproval. Unless of course you owe them money. That's another story.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So i see that American express had been soft pulling my credit file every month for the last 6 months. I had an account with them in the past but they canceled it. what do the consecutively pulls mean? I'm just curious 

Why was the card canceled?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Involver wrote:
It means they are checking your credit profile, potentially to offer you a credit product as a preapproval. Unless of course you owe them money. That's another story.

I had the Zync card and the Amex Blue when they closed my accounts. the Zync i owed 5k and was able to pay that off as soon as the card got closed but the Blue since it was a revolving account I'm still paying for. currently owe $700.  But the weird thing is that Amex only reports the Zync card as Paid/ closed my consumer. and the Blue isn't reported at all. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why was the card canceled?

I missed a couble payments and went over the limit twice on the Amex blue. (I was going through a rough patch) 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.