cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 8th will be my 6th statement with bank of america!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

March 8th will be my 6th statement with bank of america!

6 statements with the bbr! Trying to do multiple things for an auto increase:

Direct offer for checking acct due to me being credit card only customer signed up
PIF each month, all below 10 percent when statement cut, save once
This last month before statement cut used card at least 100 times, in place of my debit, paid off nearly all of it, will Pif on the 8th when statement cuts
Used my debit card with them, getting direct deposits to them too

Not holding my breath but hoping to get auto increase!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: March 8th will be my 6th statement with bank of america!

@Anonymous wrote:

Direct offer for checking acct due to me being credit card only customer signed up
This last month before statement cut used card at least 100 times, in place of my debit, paid off nearly all of it, will Pif on the 8th when statement cuts

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I didn't think BOA was especially known for auto CLIs, 6 statement or otherwise. More often than not, you have to ask (and incur a HP) for a CLI with them.

The "strategies" you listed may or may not help, but ultimately, I don't know of many people who get auto CLIs from BOA. Hopefully I am wrong.

Message 2 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

OP is likely read the approvals forums where some members have enjoyed targeted offers for a SP CLI. I wouldn't mind one of those myself.

It's completely the cardholder's choice whether to wait for a surprise SP CLI offer (if any) or if interested in growing their line by personal cycle (4-6-8 months etc) spend a HP on the more direct and immediate route.

No CLI is guaranteed but a BofA SP CLI is somewhat not exactly a norm, but to some member's surprise it does and has happened for them. Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never received a SP CLI from BoA. I have received other targeted offers from them. I find that BoA is generous with CLIs as long as your credit profile supports it. It may be worth you taking an HP. Best of luck!
Message 4 of 5
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I didn't think BOA was especially known for auto CLIs, 6 statement or otherwise. More often than not, you have to ask (and incur a HP) for a CLI with them.

The "strategies" you listed may or may not help, but ultimately, I don't know of many people who get auto CLIs from BOA. Hopefully I am wrong.

I have gotten 3 auto CLI's ever with one of them Bank of America. My BoA got a $500 increase, my Chase Freedom got a $1,000 increase and my Capital one Playstation card also got an auto increase. All myo ther CLI's have been asked for. YMMV though.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.