Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriot Rewards to CSP transfer points?

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Marriot Rewards to CSP transfer points?

I know that you can transfer your csp points to Marriot rewards 1:1. SInce a Marriot Card is also issued by Chase can you transfer Marriot points to CSP 1:1

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Marriot Rewards to CSP transfer points?

@ezdoesit wrote:

I know that you can transfer your csp points to Marriot rewards 1:1. SInce a Marriot Card is also issued by Chase can you transfer Marriot points to CSP 1:1

you cannot transfer marriott points to CSP.

Most people wouldn't advice you to transfer CSP points to marriott either.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Thanks.  I am still back and forth on the CSP or the Arrival.  I know the CSP has a lot of transfer partners but the only place I will be travelling to in the near future is Ireland.  THe only non-stop from JFK is Delta and Aer lingus which are not one of CSP travel partners.  So for me I think the better of the two would be the Arrival for the 2x on everything with my annual spend thru that card to be around 25k.  I don't dine out much so the 2x for the CSP probably wouldn't be taken advantaged of. 

What do you think?

Message 3 of 6
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

Thanks.  I am still back and forth on the CSP or the Arrival.  I know the CSP has a lot of transfer partners but the only place I will be travelling to in the near future is Ireland.  THe only non-stop from JFK is Delta and Aer lingus which are not one of CSP travel partners.  So for me I think the better of the two would be the Arrival for the 2x on everything with my annual spend thru that card to be around 25k.  I don't dine out much so the 2x for the CSP probably wouldn't be taken advantaged of. 

What do you think?

British Airways via Avios. That's how I am going to Ireland next summer. BA miles can come from Chase. Besides you need to be looking at connections from Boston to get the flight to the lowest level of redemption based on flown miles (50K points + $150 business class both ways is a great deal and 25K for coach too). I'm Delta Platinum and there is no way I would fly Delta to Ireland, better point usages than that. Hop a short flight to Boston for a much better experience. 

If you get the 40K CSP bonus and then spend 25K on the card at 1x (65K points total) you have either 2 coach tickets or one business class ticket - just pay the $150 taxes. 

Message 4 of 6
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

What do you think?

British Airways via Avios. That's how I am going to Ireland next summer. BA miles can come from Chase. Besides you need to be looking at connections from Boston to get the flight to the lowest level of redemption based on flown miles (50K points + $150 business class both ways is a great deal and 25K for coach too). I'm Delta Platinum and there is no way I would fly Delta to Ireland, better point usages than that. Hop a short flight to Boston for a much better experience. 

If you get the 40K CSP bonus and then spend 25K on the card at 1x (65K points total) you have either 2 coach tickets or one business class ticket - just pay the $150 taxes. 

I would love to go the route you suggested but for me that is not possible next year my son will be just short of his third bday and a daughter that is 16 months old I would have no choice but to limit the stress and time for them at an airport. 

So the last thing you suggested would still be the csp route over the arrival.  Even though at that time i could have approx 90k arrival points.

Message 5 of 6
gsxrgt
New Contributor

United has a non stop from Newark to Dublin. No idea of you need to have to fly out of JFK though.

Chase Ritz 20.5K, Freedom 11K, Chase Marriott 11K, Citi Prestige 12.5K, Citi Aadvantage Platinum 10.5k, Barclay US Airways 12.5k, Discover IT 12.7K, Amex BCP 23K, Amex PRG, Penfed Platinum Rewards 11K, Penfed PLOC 25k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.