Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriot Rewards vs AMEX Hilton

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marriot Rewards vs AMEX Hilton

I honestly haven't stayed at a Hilton in years because well I havent traveled much however I plan on future. Saw the HHonors with AMEX and 75k signup and the 0 AF one you still get 7x points when booking and 5x regardless for gas, supermarkets and restaurants. Pretty much my three main purchases. If I got this I zooms onviously try and book Hilton from whenever I do go away. I have decent amont if Marriot rewards points but I don't want another AF card and the 0 AF fee one seems pointless aside from actually using it for hotel. How is the Hilton reward program? Is the card worth it? I would make it my daily even withb5x points it would add up
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriot Rewards vs AMEX Hilton

Points add up quickly and you can do the points + cash and the points will last a looooonggg time
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Marriott sign-up bonus points were more valuable to me as United miles when I transferred them. The annual fee is well-covered by the free night. I got the card back when the first year was free, and saved about $150 on a hotel room near a wedding I had to travel for. Then, my wife and I used it for a much-needed getaway year two. We might not have taken that trip otherwise, but it's a nice perk. I don't consider it a costly card for that reason. Unlike the CSP, for example, the Marriott cards pays for itself.
Message 3 of 28
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Hilton points aren't all that. Most places have a jacked up redemption values. I am a Hilton Diamond and Marriott Platinum... after my Diamond with Hilton expires I won't be staying there. Hilton points do add up really quick but on the other hand it costs HELL lot of points to get a decent room at a decent hotel. For example I spent 240K points for a 3 night stay at Hilton Bentley on South Beach... outside of location I don't think that hotel deserves 80K points for one night.

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe where I look is different but I am not too proud for 10-30k point hotels. I value the points at about half a point per cent.
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting thoughts guys.

I already have a QS1 and Arrival plus so I'm not sure getting another AF card. I do have good amount of Marriott rewards points though so the Premier can make sense.
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the premier too. The fee pays for itself just with the night you get. Easily a $40 savings
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may app for the Premier then.

Is there a way to transfer regular Marriott rewards over to combine with the credit card or it doesn't matter?
Message 8 of 28
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think I may app for the Premier then.

Is there a way to transfer regular Marriott rewards over to combine with the credit card or it doesn't matter?

Apply with your marriot rewards # and it'll sync up. Even without one Chase and Marriott will link up your existing account with CC

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ yup
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.