Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriot and CSP

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Marriot and CSP

So i was just wondering whats the differences between these 2 cards. Aside from the signup bonus because i think the marriot is a free stay right?

Can CSP points be used for Marriot Hotels? Does the Marriot card earn UR points? Im not interested in applying just wanting to know the difference.

Thanks Smiley Happy

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Marriot and CSP

@Skye12329 wrote:

So i was just wondering whats the differences between these 2 cards. Aside from the signup bonus because i think the marriot is a free stay right?

Can CSP points be used for Marriot Hotels? Does the Marriot card earn UR points? Im not interested in applying just wanting to know the difference.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Marriot has 70k sign up, and category 1-4 free night the first year, and 1-5 every year after that. this card earns MARRIOT points, into your marriot rewards account

5 points per dollar at marriot (in addittion to what you already earn through marriot rewards) 

2 points per dollar on airline tickets (through airlines directly) car rentals, and restaurants

1 point per dollar on everything else

CSP is 40k UR Points (which can then be transferred to marriot rewards if you so choose)

2 points on dining and travel

1 point on everything else. 

Message 2 of 5
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy

I do believe CSP points, i.e. UR points, can be transferred to Marriott with a 1:1 ratio. No, the Marriott card does NOT acrue UR points, it acrues Marriott points. But yes, you don't get a free night with the CSP, the AF is $10 higher with the CSP, and there are differences in how you earn points. With the Marriott Rewards Premium card, you earn 5X points for any spend at a Marriott (or Marriott owned brand), with CSP, you earn 2X points on travel (including hotel stays). Marriott also gives you 2X points for non-hotel travel categories. Both cards give you 2X points on restaurants. UR points are more flexible than Marriott points, obviously, but if you want a hotel loyalty card, Marriott's is probably one of the best.

Message 3 of 5
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy i didnt know the Marriot earned points. However where im travelling they dont have any Marriots, so this card wouldnt help me so much Smiley Sad

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 5
casemodgod
Established Member

Get both.

The sign up bonus for the CSP is $400 on straight cash back.

Use the cash back from that, for your stays at the Marriot that the other 

will give you.

Best of both worlds.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.