Re: Marriott Card has huge dent in it

40k a year, AAoA is about 3.5 years
Message 11 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Mattc88 wrote:
40k a year, AAoA is about 3.5 years

I would defffinetly be looking at the reason of the denials on the letters they send you as that would help us alot, plus reconning when you do get denied!

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the denials i opened said denied due to low credit score or something along those lines. I know 688 isn't to the moon lol, but I'm sure its enough for a measley Freedom card. 

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely need to recon!
Message 14 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes a 688 with no baddies is good enough for a freedom card..  Recon within 30 days of denial.

Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yes a 688 with no baddies is good enough for a freedom card..  Recon within 30 days of denial.

Yeah, i will look into it thanks. I'd have to apply again though since its been over 30 days since my last denial with them. It'll be a wasted HP though i know they'll for some reason deny me again. Even if i recon and they approve me, my initial limit will probably be ridiculous wouldn't it? 

Message 16 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Mattc88 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yeah, i will look into it thanks. I'd have to apply again though since its been over 30 days since my last denial with them. It'll be a wasted HP though i know they'll for some reason deny me again. Even if i recon and they approve me, my initial limit will probably be ridiculous wouldn't it? 

I would venture to say you SL on a freedom based on signature / score/ income would be 2-4.5k range...  Have you tried the pre-qual site?

How many new accounts / inquiries on each CR do you have in the last 6 months?

Also what is your utilization at on your existing cards?  Meaning owed/credit line

Message 17 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

SecretAzure:

Marriott card gets CSRs similar to the csp. Ritz card gets jp Morgan priority services.
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Mattc88 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I would venture to say you SL on a freedom based on signature / score/ income would be 2-4.5k range...  Have you tried the pre-qual site?

How many new accounts / inquiries on each CR do you have in the last 6 months?

Also what is your utilization at on your existing cards?  Meaning owed/credit line

I Keep my utilization under 20% i leave a small balance to have it report. 

Yes, i've tried pre-qual site and had no offers. 

The only new account i have is the Venture but i dont think thats even on there yet i just opened the account last week. When i last applied for the Freedom my newest account was Discover. so only 1 in the 6 months i guess you could say. 

Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt,

My score was honestly not much higher when I got approved for the Freedom. I did not get instant approval but had to fax in my drivers license, and answer a ton of verification questions.
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.