Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Card has huge dent in it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriott Card has huge dent in it

Yeah, my mother was approved for the Freedom card, and her report was horrible due to bankruptcies, and loans that went into default years ago. It was also her first credit card after years of not having one. So i am confused as to why i am constantly denied. I actually sent them a secured message about an hour ago asking about it. I don't know if they could give me an answer or not through there but we'll see.

Message 21 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Mattc88 wrote:

Yeah, my mother was approved for the Freedom card, and her report was horrible due to bankruptcies, and loans that went into default years ago. It was also her first credit card after years of not having one. So i am confused as to why i am constantly denied. I actually sent them a secured message about an hour ago asking about it. I don't know if they could give me an answer or not through there but we'll see.

@Anonymous of lucky... Unforunately you are gonna have to reapply since it has been over 30 days... I honestly don't see why would wouldn't be approved with everything you have stated in this thread.. You might have to recon, but I don't see why it wouldn't get approved if you had to.. Utilization is fine, income is fine, score is fine and no baddies..  Still wonder why you are in the 680's though with no baddies and a fairly low utilization..  I was approved around TU 660 I believe at the time but by pre-qual for 4k with baddies on  report..  Income is considerable higher than yours, although probably offset some of my baddies and why I didn't get a higher initial SL on the freedom, CSP was also pre-approved for 7.5k a month later and approved @ 670ish score at time or something around there?  Now TU is around 700..  

Anyways best of luck and I am sure you will get approved somehow!

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Mattc88 wrote:

@Anonymous of lucky... Unforunately you are gonna have to reapply since it has been over 30 days... I honestly don't see why would wouldn't be approved with everything you have stated in this thread.. You might have to recon, but I don't see why it wouldn't get approved if you had to.. Utilization is fine, income is fine, score is fine and no baddies..  Still wonder why you are in the 680's though with no baddies and a fairly low utilization..  I was approved around TU 660 I believe at the time but by pre-qual for 4k with baddies on  report..  Income is considerable higher than yours, although probably offset some of my baddies and why I didn't get a higher initial SL on the freedom, CSP was also pre-approved for 7.5k a month later and approved @ 670ish score at time or something around there?  Now TU is around 700..  

Thanks. If they deny me again then i should just forget about it and close my bank accounts with them as well. LOL. Ill open an account with a bank who'd appreciate my business. The only reason i want the freedom card is so i can have a Credit Line with the bank that i use for my regular banking. Its not like the Freedom is the best card out there lol. 

Message 23 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Mattc88 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Mattc88 wrote:

Thanks. If they deny me again then i should just forget about it and close my bank accounts with them as well. LOL. Ill open an account with a bank who'd appreciate my business. The only reason i want the freedom card is so i can have a Credit Line with the bank that i use for my regular banking. Its not like the Freedom is the best card out there lol. 

Eactly lol.. Been banking with US Bank for 3.5 years, they finally pre-approved me for a CC as I would of never cold applied for a CC from them with my profile!  I believe a bank should grow with you if you do business with them..  I was actually quite surpised as I was literally a month from closing my account and moving it to a CU!  Wild thing it was a guranteed approval for the long relationship I had with them, wasn't the card I wanted, but just talked to the UW today to recon the initial SL to 5k and he said after 3-6 months they will upgrade it to the Cash+ for me assuming I use it wisely during that time frame Smiley Happy..  So I was quite suprised US Bank being one of the most conservative banks out there actually caring about a banking relationship w/regards to credit products with a less than perfect profile.. Most banks have no correlations, although Chase is known to have a bit of one as well!  Best of luck to you, just when I about dumped US Bank I believe they read my mind lol.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
SecretAzure:

Marriott card gets CSRs similar to the csp. Ritz card gets jp Morgan priority services.

So jsucool gets preferred treatment ... hmm seems like that is a good deal Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 32
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Mattc88 wrote:

well. with no baddies and 3.5 years of history. something is on your report that you are not aware of. now way would you be at 688 with 100 percent clean file and 3.5 years of history. so you might want to pull your report. or where are you actually getting that 688 score from. with that much history and 100 percent clean. you would be well over 730. if report was clean and low utilization. just my 2cents. many of us have gotten chase with much lower scores. but. relatively. clean files. 1 or 2 negatives thats not serious.

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't anything bad though. I've never defaulted on anything, have no delinquent accounts, i have 100% perfect payment history on my report. Have no derogatory marks. Only a few inquires. Like 16% utilization. I don't know why my score is only 688. Maybe due to it being thin? I've never had an auto loan or mortgage. Only credit lines and a student loan that I've recently paid off.
Message 27 of 32
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

No installment loans will deffinetly hurt it and a thin profile will, but one would still think it would be > 700..  Anyways back to topic your Fico is fine for the Freedom IMO.  Still might want to pull your FICO report if you haven't recently and see what it is complaining about as you should be in the 710-730 range I would think

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It's only been a little over a month since I've got this card. Maybe it's from the heat? Not sure. The CSR asked me if I was in gunfight lately, LMAO. Another reason why I love Chase reps, they act like real people instead of reading off of a screen.

My Marriott cards have always worn very quickly. Smiley Indifferent

Message 29 of 32
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It's only been a little over a month since I've got this card. Maybe it's from the heat? Not sure. The CSR asked me if I was in gunfight lately, LMAO. Another reason why I love Chase reps, they act like real people instead of reading off of a screen.

My Marriott cards have always worn very quickly. Smiley Indifferent

Ha....that is the advantage of the card not being swiped..mine still looks almost new as it goes into the chip terminals only half way  ..lol

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.