Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Flight/Hotel Package Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marriott Flight/Hotel Package Question

Quick question for anyone who has done this...how does it work? I am planning on doing this in January for a trip in March to maximize campanion pass benefits. It seems too good to be true. Anyone with any insight or details, it would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriott Flight/Hotel Package Question

Anyone?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant help you with any info on using points for this type of redemption but your link takes you to invalid Marriott page.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is absolutely the best value for Marriott Rewards points.  You must redeem the full 7 nights.  If you cut a stay short these is no refund of points. Non existent you make a reserve you redeem the package the miles will be transferred to the airline program of your choice.  You do not need to use your miles for the hotel stay you choose.  Use your miles for high value airline tickets to maximize your redemption 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It is absolutely the best value for Marriott Rewards points.  You must redeem the full 7 nights.  If you cut a stay short these is no refund of points. Non existent you make a reserve you redeem the package the miles will be transferred to the airline program of your choice.  You do not need to use your miles for the hotel stay you choose.  Use your miles for high value airline tickets to maximize your redemption 

What's the process to do this? 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I cant help you with any info on using points for this type of redemption but your link takes you to invalid Marriott page.

Not sure why it isn't working. Googled 'Marriott flight and hotel package" and the first link, which is the same link, is valid and working. I apologize for that.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This program uses your Marriott points to cover a 7 night stay then gives you miles to the program you choose. Though you do not have to book your flight through them and your nights are in the form of certificates that you can use for the category you choose. You are basically using points for a stay like normal but the value over is converted to miles at a rate of 1 point per mile with most except United you get 1.1 mile per point and Jetblue gets you .5 per Marriott point. Many people like this program because they value airline miles over the points.

I don't like this program for two reasons.

1. I only redeem for stays in multiples of 5 nights because you lose 25% of the value other wise since on points stays the 5th night is free.

2. Points stay still earn you elite stays but awards travel do not get you eqm/pqd so if both were equal I would still rather pay for the flight and use points for the hotel.

This is what suits me best, you have to judge what fits with your needs.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure why it isn't working. Googled 'Marriott flight and hotel package" and the first link, which is the same link, is valid and working. I apologize for that.

Noneed to apologize.  Ive done that before.  It may be because it tried to take me to my Marriott page

Message 8 of 10
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This program uses your Marriott points to cover a 7 night stay then gives you miles to the program you choose. Though you do not have to book your flight through them and your nights are in the form of certificates that you can use for the category you choose. You are basically using points for a stay like normal but the value over is converted to miles at a rate of 1 point per mile with most except United you get 1.1 mile per point and Jetblue gets you .5 per Marriott point. Many people like this program because they value airline miles over the points.

I don't like this program for two reasons.

1. I only redeem for stays in multiples of 5 nights because you lose 25% of the value other wise since on points stays the 5th night is free.

2. Points stay still earn you elite stays but awards travel do not get you eqm/pqd so if both were equal I would still rather pay for the flight and use points for the hotel.

This is what suits me best, you have to judge what fits with your needs.

I agree completely. By using the package you give up on the 5th night free and also earning towards airline status. It only makes sense if you're booking on an airline you don't have or are not pursuing status on. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nobody who answered gave the right answer.

This qualifies 100 percent for the southwest companion pass, and outside of Chase sign-up bonuses, is the easiest way to get it.

There are five night packages dedicated for time share owners but sometimes they can be talked into giving it to regular users
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.