Marriott Premier Holiday Bonus Offer

Got this email from Chase today. 

Screenshot_2015-10-30-11-17-31.png

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Marriott Premier Holiday Bonus Offer

nice no such email from chase to me. but thats not a a bad deal. u spend 3,001.00 and get 6,000 points plus the points u would normally get. 

Message 2 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

nah, it's $3,000 each month for 2 months for 3000 bonus points per month.

So 6k spend for 12k points total.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got this email shortly ago.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Marriott is already someone's main card, and that person will be spending that much, it's nice.

$3k in one month or $6k in two months would be lot of spending even for a signup bonus, though.

I don't think the offer would be of much interest to anyone with many cards. (Doubled) Discover Deals, Shop through Chase, Amex Offers, and other special offers can provide a lot more value.

Message 5 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If Marriott is already someone's main card, and that person will be spending that much, it's nice.

$3k in one month or $6k in two months would be lot of spending even for a signup bonus, though.

I don't think the offer would be of much interest to anyone with many cards. (Doubled) Discover Deals, Shop through Chase, Amex Offers, and other special offers can provide a lot more value.

Agree - some people seem to ignore those options though, and perfer the hotel/airline points. I don't know why, as Deals, Shop Through Chase, Amex Offers etc can definitely give equal or better value for far less spend. The spend requirement for this is pretty high for many people. 3k per month is not easily attainable unless you are a high spender already of course.

Message 6 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Definitely a high spend threshold, considering how little 12k marriott points can get you. The benefit would be you would also get, at minimum 2 elite qualifying nights, which this late in the year can make or break someone elite qualification, but not worth it for me at this point. Considering most of my spend is amazon or restaurants, I'd still get a far better return with my citi forward.
Message 7 of 18
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

This deal is pretty terrible. If you were going to spend it anyways as in you are staying at a marriott each week anyways then it's free points. But it would be a bad idea to use this card over others to make $6k in purchases for 6k Marriott points. 6k points really aren't worth it. Even a simple 2% cashback card yields a better value than this.

Message 8 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Starting Sunday I will be replacing Ritz for Marriott in my wallet!!!

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an offer on my Hyatt card to spend $3000 in November and December combined and get 3000 bonus points. Not that great of a deal but I'm still trying to decide...6000 points for $3000 is about 3.6% based on 1.8 cents/point. Although I still have $1500 to hit my $5k spend on SPG Biz and $750 on my EDP signing bonuses. $5250 on those 3 cards between now and the end of the year is probably not gonna happen, especially considering I'm getting 22% cash back at my grocery store with discover Apple Pay and double cashback promo as well as clothing and dept stores at 30% and Amazon being on both my freedom and discover at 5%
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.